• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

all24bits

How much do you think will you lose in such a deal? My guess is up to 50% even If you find a dealer where you purchase a new one.

They sell on the market for around $2000.
So do people on this forum listen to music anymore or is everything just 1's and 0's?

I'd really like to know how many people commenting on these measurements have actually listened to the V2.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Now hear me out fellas.... :)

Some of these high end headphones use crazy strong magnets. I have the 1266 TC and my amp has a steel chassis. I have a foam layer on top of the amp and when I pulled these out of the box and set them on the amp, I had to pull pretty hard to get them off the amp! None of my other headphones have that kind of pull.

I am wondering if the magnetic force can mess with the microphones in the measurement rig. I'm not sure how you can even get around that to increase the magnet spacing while still maintaining FR. Zeos (sorry for invoking that name, ha ha!) complains about how some planars mess up his sound demos because of the strong magnets. Perhaps it is a thing that is happening here?
A good question. And worth investigation. Not that I have the means.

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As it is about $1980 more than I am willing to spend on headphones, certainly not i (Koss KPH 30i forevah)

I joined Head-Fi in early 2006 when other than limited numbers of electrostatics, the HD-650 at around $450 MSRP (I think?) was about the most expensive headphone that was bought in any significant numbers.

Anybody else recall that? I think I got my HD600s for $229 or $249 on sale around that time.

the_brunx

Im not an expert, but if I compare the box he is using to the professional GRAS headphone measuring set up here, I think the people at GRAS covered that. (If there is such a thing). But I will let more knowledgeable people chime in.

and BTW I will take measurement data above any subjective personal listening experience any day.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So do people on this forum listen to music anymore or is everything just 1's and 0's?

They say the proof is in the number's. Music actually is a sequence of numbers arranged.

all24bits

and BTW I will take measurement data above any subjective personal listening experience any day.

Serious question: does this mean that if you listen to something, and enjoy it, and then go back and measure it to find out it measured poorly, does that mean your enjoyment was wrongly experienced?

all24bits

nothing wrong with experiencing placebo. But I just don’t want to pay people who capitalize on this phenomenon for it.

wait, how would the manufacturer be "capitalizing on placebo" which is a phenomenon that only YOU can experience? Do you think the manufacturers are literally sitting there and waiting excitedly for money from customers because of "placebo", a phenomenon the manufacturers have zero control over? Are they building and designing equipment to give the placebo effect? How exactly does that work? What if someone else hears the equipment but doesn't get the placebo effect?

SmackDaddies

nothing wrong with experiencing placebo. But I just don’t want to pay people who capitalize on this phenomenon for it.
You can like things that don't measure "well". We have different listening preferences. My hearing in one ear is toast over 12.8k We all have different music choices. Typically I would rather listen, then look at measurements. Measurements would cause me to spend more time analyzing what I was hearing.

the_brunx

wait, how would the manufacturer be "capitalizing on placebo" which is a phenomenon that only YOU can experience? Do you think the manufacturers are literally sitting there and waiting excitedly for money from customers because of "placebo", a phenomenon the manufacturers have zero control over? Are they building and designing equipment to give the placebo effect? How exactly does that work? What if someone else hears the equipment but doesn't get the placebo effect?

here are some cables to set you off. I’m sure they work just as claimed and will make a night and day difference. As many people will testify.

https://eu.abyss-headphones.com/collections/jps-labs-cables?page=2

Enjoy.

all24bits

Last edited:

the_brunx

That's literally not how this works. How did you listen to music/equipment before measurements? Also, I have no opinion on those cables; I haven't measured them and I haven't heard them. And I generally know nothing about Abyss cables.

And you can go all the way, end game territory and get these amazing crystal Stones which you place on top of your loudspeakers to optimize their sound completely. each one has a different sound flavor. Obviously the most expensive one is the best. So don’t cheap out.

good luck.

here is the link:

http://www.biophotone-audio.com/Unsere-Produkte/mobile/

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Abyss makes the ugliest headphones in the world!

abyss_ab_1266_cc_2.jpg

Maybe their designers had a specific target market in mind ...

1610402375054.png

Top Bottom