• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dear Zek,
Thank you for answer,
But I planning to buy Galaxy S21.
So, which portable DAC is really good for Galaxy S21?

You need to read the reviews of the Meizu hifi, E1DA 9038D (and S), Hidizs s8 etc . All will work with any Android phone (but some may work better with special apps like UAPP. But the main crieria is the efficiency and connections of the headphones you will use. E1DA is powerful but not cheap.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why? There are many good options for 99$
I think you need to rethink your approach to this one.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you're saying this device can't possibly be worthy? Not sure what $99 has to do with it.

0%_Audiophile

Guys, you are discussing chinese whistle which has no QC and no warranty, just pay money and hope that someone puts right components and tune sound for you.
For 90$ you can buy refurbished Creative G6, for example.

Veri

Master Contributor
Guys, you are discussing chinese whistle which has no QC and no warranty, just pay money and hope that someone puts right components and tune sound for you.
You realize this "whistle" has been scrutinized/reviewed in the first original post? It looks absolutely fine, "no QC and no warranty", how so? What nonsense.

init

For 90$ you can buy refurbished Creative G6, for example.

I see how it's easy to doubt in chinese QC, I am not sure how to conclude it has no QC, no warranty. How do you know that? I mean.. the warranty is easily to check factually: https://www.hidizs.net/pages/warranty

When it comes to QC, i have no proof at hand that they do the Quality Control, how do you know they don't do any QC?

Sorry if my questions aren't clear, ask if in doubt, just trying to figure out where are you getting your knowledge from, thanks.

0%_Audiophile

You realize this "whistle" has been scrutinized/reviewed in the first original post? It looks absolutely fine, "no QC and no warranty", how so? What nonsense.
I realized that you do not have many devices, but you have your opinion on each thread, but your opinion is based on the conclusion of the reviewer, however, I did not see a negative review here for a long time - each product in the recommendation and each thread has many pages with problems, strange - why the reviewer did not face these issue.
Even in this thread, many people faced BSOD on Windows and no reply from the manufacture, no warranty, and instructions, just share from google drive old version of drivers for solving issues.
Nice product, 5 stars, should be recommended, I am sure.
I see how it's easy to doubt in chinese QC, I am not sure how to conclude it has no QC, no warranty. How do you know that? I mean.. the warranty is easily to check factually: https://www.hidizs.net/pages/warranty
I have Hidizs AP80, no support at all, I sent them letter one year ago, all firmware for player are old and they did not fix any issues, but release new product and pay money to reviewers.

init

I have Hidizs AP80, no support at all, I sent them letter one year ago, all firmware for player are old and they did not fix any issues, but release new product and pay money to reviewers.

How does it show that, in your words, hidizs s8 "has no QC"? Is it possible that they do some QC for s8 even though you had bad experience with their different device?
I just don't see how one example of bad experience with device from one brand shows that all devices from this brand have no QC

Veri

Master Contributor
I realized that you do not have many devices, but you have your opinion on each thread, but your opinion is based on the conclusion of the reviewer, however, I did not see a negative review here for a long time - each product in the recommendation and each thread has many pages with problems, strange - why the reviewer did not face these issue.
Even in this thread, many people faced BSOD on Windows and no reply from the manufacture, no warranty, and instructions, just share from google drive old version of drivers for solving issues.
Nice product, 5 stars, should be recommended, I am sure.

If I buy this product from a retailer in Europe, I get 2 year warranty by default and can e-mail about any technical issues as well and get easy hassle-free return if it simply doesn't work for me..
If you buy this from Amazon.com direct, you can also surely get your money back in the case of issues. So I don't understand most of your remarks.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@d13ma dont buy in future from those who aren't OEM's like Hidizs. There whose couple of splits regarding software stuck in Chinese portable audio device's; FiiO & Shanling made their own which is ironically worser than originally used HiBy (right now). That's the story with your AP80 along with bad manufacturer. The HiBy OSM products will Certainly get longer suport. Don't buy refabrished Creative for God sake or any only wiped up B one of anything. G6 is a great for what you get from it including Dolby decoding and nice amp among many other things. DAC is the same CS43131 chip. But you pay for it with bugy Creative drivers and that story goes for very, very long time. I have older TempoTec Sonata iDSD and they Windows drivers are like candy compared to Creative or Realtek MB one's. Small, efficient and it works. You get BSOD on Win for almost everything but never had any regarding audio card in my life. Last time Linus rized finger couple of days back regarding EEC RAM which alone (RAM corruption) account's for almost third of all BSODs. QC is a problem across the audio manufacturing industry and not related to Chinese ones alone. The best you can is pick a OEM with good history regarding both support and QC and hope for the best but unfortunately that applies to everything today not just audio products. In the end Sonata HD Pro went much better than it's competitor the Meizu HiFi DAC which is discontinued now for some time and never sow any support regarding software. Still it's not rather good but I think Cirrus Logic is more to blame for that than TempoTec considering what they did with their older ES products and those also had bad support from manufacturer.

In the end that's how things go in the real world. Best regards.

Last edited:

0%_Audiophile

@d13ma dont buy in future from those who aren't OEM's like Hidizs. There whose couple of splits regarding software stuck in Chinese portable audio device's; FiiO & Shanling made their own which is ironically worser than originally used HiBy (right now). That's the story with your AP80 along with bad manufacturer. The HiBy OSM products will Certainly get longer suport. Don't buy refabrished Creative for God sake or any only wiped up B one of anything. G6 is a great for what you get from it including Dolby decoding and nice amp among many other things. DAC is the same CS43131 chip. But you pay for it with bugy Creative drivers and that story goes for very, very long time. I have older TempoTec Sonata iDSD and they Windows drivers are like candy compared to Creative or Realtek MB one's. Small, efficient and it works. You get BSOD on Win for almost everything but never had any regarding audio card in my life. Last time Linus rized finger couple of days back regarding EEC RAM which alone (RAM corruption) account's for almost third of all BSODs. QC is a problem across the audio manufacturing industry and not related to Chinese ones alone. The best you can is pick a OEM with good history regarding both support and QC and hope for the best but unfortunately that applies to everything today not just audio products. In the end Sonata HD Pro went much better than it's competitor the Meizu HiFi DAC which is discontinued now for some time and never sow any support regarding software. Still it's not rather good but I think Cirrus Logic is more to blame for that than TempoTec considering what they did with their older ES products and those also had bad support from manufacturer.

In the end that's how things go in the real world. Best regards.
I already have Creative G6 for 2 years and it is good card, works with no issues. Do you have any other advice?

crystal6tak

Been using the tempotec sonata HD pro for the last 7 months, permanently plugged into my desktop by USB. Happy to report other than the occasional stutter that occurs after hours of continuous playback, it's been performing well.

Speaking of which, any fix for the occasional stutter during music playback for the tempotec sonata HD pro?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Been using the tempotec sonata HD pro for the last 7 months, permanently plugged into my desktop by USB. Happy to report other than the occasional stutter that occurs after hours of continuous playback, it's been performing well.

Speaking of which, any fix for the occasional stutter during music playback for the tempotec sonata HD pro?
Are you using ASIO with their drivers? If so, try increasing the buffer size. Usually that fixes it.

crystal6tak

Are you using ASIO with their drivers? If so, try increasing the buffer size. Usually that fixes it.
No I haven't. Just installed it now. Is the device supposed to say "Not Available" and the state "Unload"?
asio driver.PNG

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just play something using ASIO output and it will change.

asio.jpg

spaace

Got the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and it sounds awesome driving my HifiMan Sundara, which otherwise sounded lean and not so impressive on my devices (Laptop/Android/macbook).

Thank you audiosciencereview

Quick question for folks who have got this -

Does the firmware and windows driver have to be updated ? Anyone knows if it gives any benefits or causes any problems post update ?

Edit : The only problem i have is that the volume button feels a bit shaky and so i try and don't use it at all and instead control volume on the device itself. Can someone please advice me if it's normal or not, if not i can get it exchanged ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom