• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

Ralferator

there are 2 ways:
  1. Replace OP-AMP is easier way and can reduce noise to a certain level like 500-600uV
  2. By adding capacitor can get a little bit lower level to 200-300uV.
if you want test the unit please note it will be good to bypass DSP limiter,either the output power will limiter(when >100mS) to around 22Vrms.
you can email us then we can send you a bypass DSP image to do that.

View attachment 102401

Why does 3eAudio not put good working (original) OP amps in the amplifier and ad that capacitor from the start? The original OP amps are cheap. Don't you think the amp would be more successful without that hissing noise? Not everybody wants to change parts on the amp.

dtn

[QUOTE = "3eaudio, post: 619419, member: 4217"] конечно можете, пользовательский раздел может быть разработан.
View attachment 102402[/ QUOTE]

how much memory is allocated to me?

Last edited:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
there are 2 ways:
  1. Replace OP-AMP is easier way and can reduce noise to a certain level like 500-600uV
  2. By adding capacitor can get a little bit lower level to 200-300uV.
  1. I guess the best would be to do both ;-)

dtn

found on one of the sites "The ADC in ADAU indicates - 83db (this is SINAD), you enter it in that calculator, and you get 13.5 bits ..."
If you use the volume control, will there be maximum distortion at the minimum volume?

zachery2006

Hi @zachery2006 @daftcombo and others amigos.
we did received your great feedback regarding the noise on our integrated amp and our engineer had deep into it and now come out a solution,
this can reduce the noise into a much smaller level,please see instruction as attached.

My opa1612 is on the way, wondering can I do both: changing op amp and adding capacitors together? Could you test the result of this?

I only have a little experience of soldering diy speakers, but I’m willing to try to soldering the capacitors myself.

Really hope you guys selling things after doing a complete test.

zachery2006

Hi @zachery2006 @daftcombo and others amigos.
we did received your great feedback regarding the noise on our integrated amp and our engineer had deep into it and now come out a solution,
this can reduce the noise into a much smaller level,please see instruction as attached.
Another question about the adding capacitors. In your PDF file’s list, since there is a recommendation level, is it buying the level 1’s capacitor better than level 2 or level 3’s? In recommendation level 1, capacitors are 25V, level 2 and 3’bd are 50V. In terms of sy2002, 4ohm version, which capacitor is the best option?

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Admit though that it is rather ordinary as a quality.

If initially the OPs are not good, it would be normal for this company to replace them free of charge.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
TBH i changed my opamps right after 3eaudio advise to add 4 caps. For me myself , i'm not handy at doing these soldering stuff especially SMD stuff , even i couldnt find the C0G caps itself in my country.. so i just tried to change the opamps. Heres the supplied NE5532 , idk how to spot whether its legit one or not, but the label itself is scratched badly..
View attachment 102222

i couldnt measure it though, but at least now the noise is very small at small volume and increases very little on the highest volume (RCA connected no audio played). Before , the noise is constant from low volume to high and can be heard from 3 meters away..

glad to find another one to confirm this.. yeah , my message also only read by him and not replied at all.. i just realized also that the NE5532 solder looks unclean ? is it shorting...? anyone know what happens if the opamps shorts each other pins ?
Hello,

How did you change the op amps? What did you buy, please?

I'd avoid soldering if I can.

coolize

Hello,

How did you change the op amps? What did you buy, please?

I'd avoid soldering if I can.

hi daftcombo , to change the opamps you just need to open the top 2 screw on the back and top 2 screw on the front , then you can lift the case upward.. i made a mistake to open all the screw and messing the stuff haha.. anyways after opening the top cover , you can see the opamps , just pull it using fingers or maybe you can use pliers, i just use my finger.. then put in a new one.. i used LM4562NA for the opamps..

Ralferator

Admit though that it is rather ordinary as a quality.

If initially the OPs are not good, it would be normal for this company to replace them free of charge.

They didn't even answer my question why they don't put ok ones in it at the start so i doubt they would replace them free of charge. But maybe i am wrong.

3eaudio

Audio Company
They didn't even answer my question why they don't put ok ones in it at the start so i doubt they would replace them free of charge. But maybe i am wrong.
things need clarify is that how you adjust the op-amp good or not,surely you will get lower noise with OPA1602 like we did in Rev1.0
we can put more better one like OPA1612 and charge you few dollar,but not others as many people do care about money,they didn't speak out but when they bought something then they start to compare and expect more.

3eaudio

Audio Company
Another question about the adding capacitors. In your PDF file’s list, since there is a recommendation level, is it buying the level 1’s capacitor better than level 2 or level 3’s? In recommendation level 1, capacitors are 25V, level 2 and 3’bd are 50V. In terms of sy2002, 4ohm version, which capacitor is the best option?

sorry miss this info,voltage rating above 16V are all ok,the critical parameter is capacitance,in measurement 10nF is slight better than lower let's say 50~100uV,but may not so sensitivity to hear that.

KTN46

things need clarify is that how you adjust the op-amp good or not,surely you will get lower noise with OPA1602 like we did in Rev1.0
we can put more better one like OPA1612 and charge you few dollar,but not others as many people do care about money,they didn't speak out but when they bought something then they start to compare and expect more.

I think you should sell a version with OPA1612 and the added 10nF capacitor! I would buy it immediately because I don't like to open up and solder or change things.

Sebbou

Sorry but hearing hissing noise from 3 meter away from speaker is'nt something "normal" and not something to be expected.
And let me say that having no reply from you on the aliexpress store after 3 attemp is quite deceiving.

Ralferator

Since i didn't buy the amp yet i can't say much about it but people here where talking about hearing hissing in 3 meters distance of the speakers which to me sounds like a real problem. Are you sure the op amps that produce so much hissing are even originals?

I think 99.9% of buyers would prefer the amp to be delivered with op amps that don't produce a strong hissing sound, so if those OPA1612 don't do it, i would spend more money for an amp with these op amps. But shouldn't the original NE5532 also work without that hissing and be cheap?

coolize

Sorry but hearing hissing noise from 3 meter away from speaker is'nt something "normal" and not something to be expected.
And let me say that having no reply from you on the aliexpress store after 3 attemp is quite deceiving.

Tbh i think it might be production error or supplier error from their side also, they might not QC every stuff they send.. maybe when they tried it , its not a fake NE5532, but on production the opamps are different, but who knows... but anyways its true that hissing noise is super loud , it couldnt be considered normal , even my cheap 5$ TPA3116D does better noise.... and my message haven't been replied too so... its quite bad.

barabashechka

Hello guys , i just registered to confirm you guys the SY-DAP2002, I think the NE5532 is either fake or broken idk..
My speaker noise could be heard for like 3 meters away using the NE5532 supplied.
I went to try using a LM4562NA , and the noise is gone. So try changing the OPAMP guys.. see if the noise is gone
Hello everyone, got mine on 31/12/2020 - same thing... Noise is awful even on zero volume, I have two MUSES03 in stock, it is single input (volume is 2 times lower) but i decided to try them. Result - no noise at all!!! Sound is fantastic!
So for now I`m searching for dual input OPAMP...
NE5532 which they put in stock device is not original - you can see that they cut off the name from surface , to not allow to identify which OPAMP it is...
Not a good experience , but if you buy your own OPAMP - SY-DAP2002 8om sound fantastic to it`s price.

AfterThought

This is so disappointing to read, I’ve been waiting for 2 months to get mine and there’s a good chance it’s going to be a dud?...bummer.

AfterThought

This is so disappointing to read, I’ve been waiting for 2 months to get mine and there’s a good chance it’s going to be a dud?...bummer.

And sure enough, I got mine, definitely a hiss in the audio...now normally I'm not one to complain about something so little, but the S/N is just crap. Also, whether using external (RCA) audio or BT...it distorts pretty heavily. I was watching a show and wow...the speech was distorting pretty heavily. (Capt. Janeway's voice).

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but coming from the mobile audio world, if you guys are hearing the same thing I am...and still consider it to be great sound....I'm going to have to question this forum's ability to discern good from bad audio. Hell, even my sister (who is dumber than a bag of hammers when it comes to sound/audio) noticed it.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And sure enough, I got mine, definitely a hiss in the audio...now normally I'm not one to complain about something so little, but the S/N is just crap. Also, whether using external (RCA) audio or BT...it distorts pretty heavily. I was watching a show and wow...the speech was distorting pretty heavily. (Capt. Janeway's voice).

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but coming from the mobile audio world, if you guys are hearing the same thing I am...and still consider it to be great sound....I'm going to have to question this forum's ability to discern good from bad audio. Hell, even my sister (who is dumber than a bag of hammers when it comes to sound/audio) noticed it.
It is not normal. Mine has hiss but sounds good when the music covers it.

Top Bottom