• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

rec head

I have had my 4ch 502 for 30 days now. At the time of the upgrade I also bought a Monoprice HTP-1 and the combination is great. While I won't try and compare my Buckeye to my previous amp because I changed processors at the same time I am really happy with my new setup. That is all that matters to me.

I'd like to mention that I broke the light on the faceplate. Not sure what I did but it was 100% my fault. @Buckeye Amps took care of it immediately. I installed it and everything is working perfectly. Customer service was top notch. He responded to my email very quickly and I think the new light was in the mail the next day. I can't fault him that USPS took weeks to deliver it.

jjmcubed

Forum Donor
All you need now is some kind of branding! A stylized buckeye, perhaps? You could get nice stick on badges made rather easily/cheaply.

Thought Buckeye changed cases. Took me a few to figure out the post you quoted was from October.

Stay away from any resemblance to the logos from the University. Wouldn't want you to have to change everything after getting a nasty letter from their lawyers.

bogart

Forum Donor
Thought Buckeye changed cases. Took me a few to figure out the post you quoted was from October.

Stay away from any resemblance to the logos from the University. Wouldn't want you to have to change everything after getting a nasty letter from their lawyers.
Yeah, they’re pretty aggressive on that stuff. Even the stylized buckeye leaves (as on helmet stickers) are trademarked. Didn’t make tuition any cheaper, sadly...

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Mind if I ask which streaming service you watched Greenland on? Watching Total Recall for the first time since I watched it on VHS.
Prime video. I decided to treat myself to a video rental considering I haven't gone to a single movie this year/purchased many movies (since most the blockbusters got pushed back)

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps -- First post was updated today, 1/2/2021, not 2020, yes? :) Waiting until I sign the first check with the wrong year; I usually watch it the first few weeks, then lapse in February and put last year on it.

What is the status of the NC252 modules? I am thinking about a four-channel version.

Curious, thanks - Don

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps -- First post was updated today, 1/2/2021, not 2020, yes? :) Waiting until I sign the first check with the wrong year; I usually watch it the first few weeks, then lapse in February and put last year on it.

What is the status of the NC252 modules? I am thinking about a four-channel version.

Curious, thanks - Don
Good catch, thank you. I'm looking forward to error correcting 2020 in my lab notes when I get back in lab Monday.

The 252's are in stock. And I am working as quickly as possible to fill existing orders.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Good catch, thank you. I'm looking forward to error correcting 2020 in my lab notes when I get back in lab Monday.

Yah... Didn't you say you were working on a PhD, what in?

The 252's are in stock. And I am working as quickly as possible to fill existing orders.

Great, thanks!

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
A major update I made for 2021:

For those who want a very small/compact 2ch amp (either 502 or 252), I am willing to install a module into a Ghent Audio case. The fee I charge is for the module/time and comes out to about the same cost as building one of my own from scratch. I already have a few members who are going this route (they are having the cases shipped directly to me, I'll install the module and send it to them).

I am offering this since I know a lot of people want a very compact amp, especially for desktop use, but my cases aren't that small. And Ghent makes a very affordable case for one off installations for the DIY market BUT these specific Hypex modules cannot be sold as is by me or other OEM manufacturers. So kind of a middle ground.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
And this service would carry my testing/quality assurance before sending back to the buyer. However, I wouldn't be able to offer a 30 day trial/return period (unless it breaks obviously) due to the parts and case not being of mine own inventory.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How much would an NC252MP and NC502MP cost providing the user sends the Ghent case + harness cables?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
+130 usd for the NC252MP and +195 usd for the NC502MP case + harness = 455 usd for the NC252MP total and 620 usd for the NC502MP total. Very nice.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
+130 usd for the NC252MP and +195 usd for the NC502MP case + harness = 455 usd for the NC252MP total and 620 usd for the NC502MP total. Very nice.
Also factor in $25 for the express shipping from Ghent (do not use the free option... anything coming by boat from china is a hot mess since the pandemic). So the prices are slightly lower than if purchased using my own cases. But they are quick turn around builds for me to do.

Top Bottom