• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

ABall

Forum Donor
Yes, the preliminary review has passed. But because of Christmas, it will take longer.
How did we get here? Many of us purchased the DAC with a pre christmas delivery date and it wasn't even certified?

raif71

Major Contributor
Yes, the preliminary review has passed. But because of Christmas, it will take longer.
Next year all those you are waiting for the Gustard X16 will be listening to Wham's "Last Christmas" on said Gustard will have a smile on their faces :)

Fjfjsh

Thanks for the reply. I will refrain from negative comments and simply ask the questions many of us have been wondering. Once you are fully certified, how soon do you expect to have these in the hands of suppliers? Do you currently have a large stockpile of X16's ready to ship? Other than certification issues is there any other manufacturing issues? Answering these questions could really go a long way towards restoring some faith from your consumers.

Mikyss

Are there changes in those units compared to the one that was reviewed?

m8o

Forum Donor
Thank you for the details, gustard.

I'm especially glad to hear you have stockpile ready to go even more. That's how to do it. Unlike the Smyths with the A16. I paid for that in early 2017 and am still waiting for delivery; as they are only shipping a few every week. That is a lesson in how not to do it.

@amirm : Weird that this site didn't notify me this thread was updated with the information I requested like it does for other threads. Even tho I posted in it yesterday. P.s. I am subscribed to this on my watch list.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The latest reply from MQA "X16- The device is waiting for our listening test. This will now not take place until the new year, as our listening team have all started their Christmas break already. This will be one of the first devices to be tested in the new year, and I will keep you updated on this."

I'm very sorry to inform you that the shipment can only be made after Christmas. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting!

But before CNY start ?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Veri

Master Contributor
The delivery date depends on the review speed of MQA company. It is expected that in January, we also hope to deliver as soon as possible. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting!
Appreciate the communication.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The delivery date depends on the review speed of MQA company. It is expected that in January, we also hope to deliver as soon as possible. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting!

So is it depending on MQA company or GUSTARD "listening team" ?
Your previous post #618 below wasn't clear

The latest reply from MQA "X16- The device is waiting for our listening test. This will now not take place until the new year, as our listening team have all started their Christmas break already. This will be one of the first devices to be tested in the new year, and I will keep you updated on this."

I'm very sorry to inform you that the shipment can only be made after Christmas. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting!

deafenears

Forum Donor
So is it depending on MQA company or GUSTARD "listening team" ?
Your previous post #618 below wasn't clear
The MQA company's listening team in order to get the device MQA certified. "latest reply from MQA "... waiting for our listening test"".

gustard

Audio Company
Everything is ready and can be delivered immediately after passing the MQA certification.

X16.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom