• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LG's Roll Up OLED TV

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This may be a novelty to many but will be great for custom electronics channel. We install a lot of lifts to make hidden displays that for example pop up at the foot of the bed. These are expensive custom solutions. A roll up TV would be a much cheaper solution regardless of what LG charges:

As you see it also has cool applications like changing aspect ratio.

Alas, I am not hopeful LG will actually bring it to market.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Alas, I am not hopeful LG will actually bring it to market.
Shame, it looks like something a lot of people would really like in their houses, no longer a need to have a huge black rectangle on one wall all the time, you could put it in front of art, or a window. I they were in shops right now I would be very tempted.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Plus the need for super tiny speakers will be eased.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Could this eventually replace projectors?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Could this eventually replace projectors?
If OLED ever gets cheap enough, yes. I think you need 100 inches or so before it can be a "projector" sized which makes it even more challenging. The "8K" resolution push might get us there as the current sets don't even resolve 4K from where we sit!

Brad

I would need a roll-up TV to replace my projector (or modular panel) in order to get it up the stairs.

Top Bottom