• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Merging NADAC MC-8

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I have to be able to loopback and handle multiple apps to stream Netflix and use Roon with Jriver's convolver. Only a proaudio DAC/ADC can do the job.

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I am using a Lynx Hilo. I bought the NADAC because I needed more channels to setup my system with four subs. I needed 6 analog out.

After a lot of work investigating various subwoofer arrays, I discovered 2 subs are better than 4. So four channels is enough and the Lynx Hilo is a masterful digital routing device.

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
N.B.: Installation of ROON requires a hardware mode and a round-trip to Switzerland.
Yep. It’s worthless to me. Even if Roon’s convolver worked correctly, a PI wouldn’t have the power to run the convolver. Roon is a pretty face. I love using it but hate the DSP functionality.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I am using a Lynx Hilo. I bought the NADAC because I needed more channels to setup my system with four subs. I needed 6 analog out.

After a lot of work investigating various subwoofer arrays, I discovered 2 subs are better than 4. So four channels is enough and the Lynx Hilo is a masterful digital routing device.
Going from 4 subs to 2 subs ! !? ... your Texan credibility score just took a hit.

Bad hombre.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Mr. President, Please don’t confuse me with my clients.
I can’t help but read that “ Mr. President “ with a Marilyn Munro voice in my head..., very disturbing, it’s like your singing to me as Marilyn.

I just hope it stops there and the visual element .. , oh too late :eek: You don’t too bad in that dress though .

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Sold it on Audiogon. US audio mart is a nightmare. I got multiple scammers from UAE trying to steal my gear.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What if you sell it to multiple scammers?

Re-list it.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Michael I could use some education. What is the sales process on Audiogone? Do you paypal the bill and collect first and then ship? In other words, how do you get protection against non-payment?

At some point I need to start my "collection" to create funds for new bits and I am as green as it gets when it comes to online selling. Buying -- now I have a PhD in that! :D

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I try to get folks to do a bank transfer because it’s the most secure form of payment. But few want to do it. The standard is PayPal. You can create a PayPal account and set it up so you can receive funds. Audiogon also allows buyers to use credit cards for a fee. Paypal charges 3% tho, so you need to make sure you tell the buyer to add 3% to their offer for paypal.

I don’t sell anything using PayPal to audiogon members with zero feedback. Zero feedback audiogoners from other countries and are particularly dangerous.

Don’t ever take checks; not even cashiers checks. There should never be a reason to pay by check these days. It’s cheaper,faster and more reliable to bank transfer or wire than FEDEX a cashiers check. Cashiers checks are a favorite for West Africa criminals.

If you don’t know what Fair market value is, you can reference audiogon bluebook. That is sometimes reliable if there are enough transactions in it. It can also help with negotiations.

I wouldn’t be afraid to sell overseas tho. I’ve sold some expensive stuff to really good audiogoners in France and Germany. You just need to get a wire. I think PayPal international is even more than 3%. It’s like 4%. So the cost to wire is sometimes less and more reliable.

Most audiogoners with good feedback are great and easy to deal with. I’ve never had a problem after the sale.
Michael I could use some education. What is the sales process on Audiogone? Do you paypal the bill and collect first and then ship? In other words, how do you get protection against non-payment?

At some point I need to start my "collection" to create funds for new bits and I am as green as it gets when it comes to online selling. Buying -- now I have a PhD in that! :D

Wombat

Master Contributor
Thanks a bunch. You won't believe how much money I have lost over the years for not selling my electronics. Need to learn how to unload this stuff.

I find the major on-line sale sites have a much larger market coverage and significantly lower commission than the 20-35% fees charge by main street commission-based outlets. I don't get too fussed by Ebay and PayPal fees in comparison.

Top Bottom