• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Taking Requests for CES 2018 Audio (and video) Show

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Fewer than 5 ...

The map shows it back online now...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Wombat

Master Contributor
D

Deleted member 65

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Seeing how I am actually feeling a bit worse today, I decided to go ahead and cancel the trip.

I read that this year's flu shot is not as comprehensive as previous years. So maybe I caught another variation. If it doesn't get better, I will go see my doctor.

@Amir, I took this shot yesterday: Prevenar 13®*(pneumococcal polysaccharide conjugate vaccine [13 – valent, adsorbed]).
Go get it!

(*Trademark. Prevnar 13® is the trade name in the United States, Canada, and Taiwan.

U.S. INDICATIONS FOR PREVNAR 13®

• Prevnar 13® is a vaccine approved for adults 18 years of age and older for the prevention of pneumococcal pneumonia and invasive disease caused by 13 Streptococcus pneumoniae strains (1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F, and 23F) )

Last edited by a moderator:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It wasn't "free"?

D

Deleted member 65

It wasn't "free"?

Pneumovax® is free in Stockholm, optimal is a combo as below.
First shot Prevnar13 then after 60 days Pneumovax. If reversed order you need to wait ~5 years before the Prevnar13 shot.

I'll take my Pneumovax in two months.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I'm sure many of the industries luminaries said " hell, if Amir won't be there, why bother?" :)
Funny. That's what one manufacturer actually said (in jest) about my absence.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Well, at least your absence was voluntary, Kal! But your insights are and will be missed I am sure.

Hope Amir is feeling better. We have bad colds ripping through work (wife was off, went back a day, and now is home sick again) and home and flu rampant in the area (my wife works in health care).

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hope Amir is feeling better.
Thanks. It had to get worse before getting better. Went to the doctor and I am under medication and while the side effects of those are unpleasant, I am starting to feel better.

Wombat

Master Contributor
I noticed that there were no supplementary or homeopathic treatments proffered, here. I am old enough to remember when hot water with lemon juice and sugar was the thing(sweat it out). Later APC(aspirin-phenacetin-caffeine) was added. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom