• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

dmac6419

Major Contributor
shut-up-.jpg
Says the guy or gal who talks complete nonsense since you joined this forum, have a nice night,tata

ArturoKiwi

The mix up was between ESS,Gustard, but MQA gonna endorse this ESS chip with MQA built in, it ain't on MQA site yet but it will be, feel sorry for AKM and the fire and all.
What I don't understand is why Gustard is the only brand that use the ES9068as chip.
Topping and Smsl seems doesn't have interest in this "Audiophile 2-channel" chip :(

kopczas

I have offtop questions cause I`ve noticed some of you had experience with Hifigo and DDP shipping method (Yun Express), this slower one.
Did any of you experienced any issues with Yun Express?

Last edited:

Fjfjsh

New member here but I just wanted to share this news to give people some hope. I purchased my unit through aoshida-hifi, a ebay retailer. They just messaged me saying that my unit should be ready to ship in 2 days. They have been very upfront and communicative before even purchasing the device from them. I also purchased a Topping A90 from them, which was shipped very quickly and arrived within 4 days after shipping to the US from China.
20201207_003445.jpg

kopczas

New member here but I just wanted to share this news to give people some hope. I purchased my unit through aoshida-hifi, a ebay retailer. They just messaged me saying that my unit should be ready to ship in 2 days. They have been very upfront and communicative before even purchasing the device from them. I also purchased a Topping A90 from them, which was shipped very quickly and arrived within 4 days after shipping to the US from China.View attachment 97746

I won`t believe until I`ll see it . But lets hope it`s true.

I am mentally stuck between choosing a new DAC, largely between the X16, the RME ADI-2 and the Topping D90. The X16 looks appealing and its £341.75. I know where I am with the D90, although pricey if I buy in the UK £600 rather than abroad (£460). The ADI looks appealing as any new DAC will be used on my desktop, and I like the fancy lights and the extra functionality (which I arguably don't need but would like)! But its £838 in the UK.

I upscale my local files (and Qobuz) via HQ Player to DSD 256.

Its nice having lots of choice, and at different price points. But I can't decide. I might need to pull one out of a bag at random at this rate!

Where can I find the gustard for 341 gbp? Thanks

Instabil

Hi.

I'm using Volumio on a Raspi3.

Can i get full MQA Support with the X16 ans Volumio?

Top Bottom