• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

CMB

I’m gonna take a leave of absence from this topic for a bit. I’ve got a headache over this speaker and need to take a break for my sanity. LOL. Been spending too much time thinking and talking about this speaker and not enough with my kiddo. Thanks for the support fellas. It’s appreciated.

Dear Erin,

I am following this thread with great interest.

The number of haters must be seen correlated to the relevance of your awesome work here.

I just want to thank you for your measurements and all the time you spend to do and share this impressive work.
Also, your youtube video is very instructive, it helped me to much better understand the graphs. It is highly instructive.
I think you did a very precious job - Please go on with it.

(I still might buy some Klipsch - but at least now, I know what I am buying)
Thanks a lot

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean, you just produced the most detailed and accurate measurements of the Klipsch Heresy IV out there. Who else has come close and done it so well? That's f*cking awesome and that in itself is the draw.
+1
I think review and the measurements were fantastic. It’s the speaker with which I’m less enamored and that is borne out in the measurements!

Last edited:

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Erin, I see a lot of positive reception to the review here and in the YT comments. I am certainly happy with your work, and want that to be clear. Personally I don't think Klipsch Heritage are innately bad or objectively good, and I find your assessment of this speaker fair.

Your review also inspired me to have a lot of fun with my gear this weekend, which has been great because I made a painful decision to sacrifice 80% of the deer gun season to sit at home and complete a professional certification.

contium

The number of haters must be seen correlated to the relevance of your awesome work here.

Haters? This thread has been pretty timid IMO. A critical aspect of science is peer review and that includes questioning everything. And while this isn't a scientific journal and most of us aren't peers, this site does operate under the guise of science. If your going to post scientific data, you better be prepared for and even welcome questions whether in agrrement or not. Especiall when you offer interpretations and opinions based on that data.

CMB

@ contium
Of course, I was not referring to this forum/thread. Otherwise I wouldn't be here.

My post referred to the previous message of today 05:14 ; Quote : "...Maybe in a few months after I have had the chance to recover from the beating I'm taking from (some) Klipsch fans. It's kind of ridiculous how people react to a review and then they say "oh, it's subjective anyway, it doesn't matter what you say". Seems hypocritical to spend time being hateful if it ultimately doesn't matter what someone else thinks."

I certainly foster and benefited however from the factual exchanges of different perspectives and the questioning such as it happened here on this forum.

CMB

Erin, I see a lot of positive reception to the review here and in the YT comments. I am certainly happy with your work, and want that to be clear. Personally I don't think Klipsch Heritage are innately bad or objectively good, and I find your assessment of this speaker fair.

Your review also inspired me to have a lot of fun with my gear this weekend, which has been great because I made a painful decision to sacrifice 80% of the deer gun season to sit at home and complete a professional certification.

Good luck with your certification btw ;-)

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Haters? This thread has been pretty timid IMO.

Had to jump back in to clarify...

I'm not talking about this forum at all. It's other groups. Even my local audiophile Facebook group blew up with a bunch of old farts getting upset. Insult Klipsch and you strike a deep nerve.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Cheers!

contium

I'm not talking about this forum at all. It's other groups. Even my local audiophile Facebook group blew up with a bunch of old farts getting upset. Insult Klipsch and you strike a deep nerve.

Cheers!

Gotcha. I'm following this on a few forums and haven't seen anything too bad. That said, the "audiophille" community in general craps on Klipsch a lot. Go to a hi end forum, show or store and tell them you have Klipsch and many of them will turn up there noses. Probabaly makes Klipsch owners a little defensive.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
I’m gonna take a leave of absence from this topic for a bit. I’ve got a headache over this speaker and need to take a break for my sanity. LOL. Been spending too much time thinking and talking about this speaker and not enough with my kiddo. Thanks for the support fellas. It’s appreciated.

This thread has been comparitively mild, and you made it 2 pages longer than I did. I gave up on page 6, and I have no skin in this game. ;)

xarkkon

Well, here's the thing... I'd like to keep testing Klipsch speakers but I have a feeling they all perform similarly wrt their target audience. And that target audience isn't me. And if it is as I expect, I'll be labeled a Klipsch hater. I have had my eye on The Fives from them as it seems the response is probably more linear (thanks to a review Joe n Tell published a few months ago) but the potential stress that goes along with it.... I dunno if I want to deal with that anytime soon. Maybe in a few months after I have had the chance to recover from the beating I'm taking from (some) Klipsch fans. It's kind of ridiculous how people react to a review and then they say "oh, it's subjective anyway, it doesn't matter what you say". Seems hypocritical to spend time being hateful if it ultimately doesn't matter what someone else thinks.

I did get a kick out of one fellow who said I was just trying to stir up drama for youtube reviews. I get about $0.02 per view. I have probably 30+ hours in this whole thing as it sits. So, let's do the math... if I paid myself $5/hour for this review I would need 7500 views. I'm at 1k. I'm paying myself far less than minimum wage. LOL. It isn't "worth" it. I do this for the passion. Not for the money. If it were the latter, I'd be presenting things in an entirely different way and would look like just another YT reviewer. People. Ughhhhh.

Conversely, it's the youtube reviewers who NEVER give a negative review (Guttenberg, Zero Fidelity, New Record Day, Andrew Robinson) that get far more views and clicks than you do...

hex168

Sending support and appreciation your way; I am impressed with your work. Thank you!

cistercian

Forum Donor

Cheers!
I am amazed at how defensive some audiophiles are. I really enjoyed the review. I heard older models and thought
they sounded shrieky. I did not like them.

If someone reviewed my speakers and said they were horrible I would not care much...because I love them!

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I am amazed at how defensive some audiophiles are. I really enjoyed the review. I heard older models and thought
they sounded shrieky. I did not like them.

If someone reviewed my speakers and said they were horrible I would not care much...because I love them!

You know speakers are like woman. And if i love that part of her, i dont care a shiit what others say. You can love so much things in a speaker and others would not even care. Maybe a little bit more tolerance what other like would be ok. Give me a 4inch genelec or this speakers. I would say "itsi bitsi short drimel dingel 4inch, no no no Party.“ ;)

contium

Conversely, it's the youtube reviewers who NEVER give a negative review (Guttenberg, Zero Fidelity, New Record Day, Andrew Robinson) that get far more views and clicks than you do...

Many reviewers havwe commented on this. If your initial experience of a product was negative, why would they want to waste their time on a complete review?

Ericglo

Cheers!

It sounds like some are doing what I call "science of convenience". Kind of like confirmation bias, if the science agrees with their belief then it is solid. If it doesn't, then the science must be wrong not their belief.

I came up with this after arguing with my late father a couple of times. He wouldn't have any scientific evidence for his belief despite the amount of evidence contrary to his belief.

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Many reviewers havwe commented on this. If your initial experience of a product was negative, why would they want to waste their time on a complete review?

I get that aspect. But in there is the answer as to why they are doing this. IMHO, if they only provide positive reviews it shows they (most likely) are self-serving. Their goal is money. They want to sell. A negative review results in no income from affiliate links and it results in a manufacturer no longer providing them with product (typically). There’s a couple guys I trust. Not many.

I prefer to review and report. Funny enough, I'm actually making a video that touches exactly on this aspect.

That said, after all the sh*t I have put up with this from the old farts in the other forums, I've considered just posting the data and not spending my time on the video. Still, I think this is one specific case where people need to see what they are getting and not have only one or two salesmen telling them BS about this speaker (like it doesn't need a subwoofer, for one).

Last edited:

terasankka

I checked the Klipsch-Forum and was there some some s*hit there? I thought they conversation was pretty civil. I just got a SVS 2000 Pro Sub for a test and I can say that quite is a very necessary any modern music with low bass. I found your frequency measurements a bit different to mine done with Behringer ECM8000 mic and just a regular living room with Heresys a foot away from back wall like the manual states. The Bass drops steeply at 50hz. I placed the crossover of the SVS to 60hz and it is quite nice now. :)

terasankka

Here is my untreated room measurement with the SVS sub crossover at 60hz. The mic was about 4meters away from the speakers. Both speakers measured at the same time. ( I had no idea what I was doing, but this was the outcome :D)
E3A68EA5-88A5-4793-8759-80481883A90D.jpeg

Top Bottom