• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Black Fri SVS Subwoofer Sale

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

bogart

Forum Donor
Do it for me, because that will cost me 3x in Canada!

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I’ll just live vicariously through you.
It's one of those "want much more than need" situations. My pair of HSU subs fit into my room and system perfectly without issue.
But being addicted to gear is a tough thing to fight sometimes, even when I know there will be little to no gain.
The dang 5 new JBL speakers weren't even dusty yet when I bought the new piano.
Which I'm shipping back this week for a different, more expensive one.
Anyone know if Methadone would help me here?

wje

Forum Donor
Just thought I'd let everyone know. I'm drooling over the sealed deal, 2 for only a grand?
Dang, and I've already spent so much this year. :mad:

Excellent. Also, don't forget to get 8 Soundpath isolation feet for the subs. I had the SB2000 subs, and the Soundpath feet were quite the worthy investment at $100 or so for both subs.

bogart

Forum Donor
As long as you pay, you can keep the sub :)

I’ll just live vicariously through you.
Bad news @Sal1950 - looks like they brought the deal to Canada, so I’m now stuck in the same soup you are :) so much easier to resist when it’s a deal I can’t grab!

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Bad news @Sal1950 - looks like they brought the deal to Canada, so I’m now stuck in the same soup you are :) so much easier to resist when it’s a deal I can’t grab!
And it's even easier when you already have a pair of good subwoofers like my HSU's
What kind of sub's do you have now ? :p

williamwally

Forum Donor
Been eyeing the same deal, got an amazon giftcard from coworkers for $800, so only $200 for 2 subwoofers...

Zoomer

SB 2000 current discounts
US $ 799 --> 499
EU € 799 --> 699

Could this mean that a deep European discount is still on its way, or is SVS not in the habit of globally syncing their offers?

alont

Forum Donor
My local SVS distributor had a similar deal, so I got myself an SB2000 (joining my trusty SB1000) and two sets of soundpath feet.

I finished setting everything up yesterday and WOW - stereo subs make such a difference!

Reactions: wje

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You won't be sorry if you buy the SB2000. It's a great price on a great product. Just buy something from miniDSP for crossover, EQ, and maybe Dirac Live with all the money you're saving.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's one of those "want much more than need" situations. My pair of HSU subs fit into my room and system perfectly without issue.
But being addicted to gear is a tough thing to fight sometimes, even when I know there will be little to no gain.
The dang 5 new JBL speakers weren't even dusty yet when I bought the new piano.
Which I'm shipping back this week for a different, more expensive one.
Anyone know if Methadone would help me here?
With our addiction Methadone means something like a pair of Focal Utopias and Blue Hawaii.

bogart

Forum Donor
And it's even easier when you already have a pair of good subwoofers like my HSU's
What kind of sub's do you have now ? :p
I'm definitely in worse straits than you on this one. I've got a single 20-ish year old Acoustic Energy Aegis 308 sub. 10" driver, 200W or so power... I don't think I've ever seen a review or measurements. If anyone is morally obliged to buy a sub today, it's probably me.

Things holding me back: I think my Denon x1600h has two sub outs, but the onboard MultEQ XT only does single sub-EQ. Wonder if I'd need to get something with onboard DSP like the Martin Logan Dynamo or SB2000 Pro. Particularly since I'd have two different subs, I'm worried I'd end up with a sub integration nightmare.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'm definitely in worse straits than you on this one. I've got a single 20-ish year old Acoustic Energy Aegis 308 sub. 10" driver, 200W or so power... I don't think I've ever seen a review or measurements. If anyone is morally obliged to buy a sub today, it's probably me.

Things holding me back: I think my Denon x1600h has two sub outs, but the onboard MultEQ XT only does single sub-EQ. Wonder if I'd need to get something with onboard DSP like the Martin Logan Dynamo or SB2000 Pro. Particularly since I'd have two different subs, I'm worried I'd end up with a sub integration nightmare.
With 2 subs so different I think I'd recomend selling the ML sub and then either getting 2 new SB2000s or only one if finances interfere. Talk to one of the guys at SVS and get their recommendations.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Stop drooling and seal the deal. You know you want to.
Yep, I really did want too. And I have sat on the option for over a month now till they were almost all gone. :(
2020's been a massively horrid year for the whole planet so I thought I'd do my bit to pick up the economy just a tad for everyone to prosper.
It's New Years Eve and I said WTF an just pulled the trigger on 2 new SB-2000's :D
Now the big decision is do I sell my 2 older HSU subs, or keep them and try to dial in all 4. :facepalm:
Life really is grand. LOL

sb-2000-pro-ba_530x.png

Top Bottom