• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I discovered something very interesting about digital vs vinyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitar sam

fact vinyl sounds better than digital the reason for this is vinyl has stereo + stereo depth perception and digital has stereo + mono depth perception. to convert digital audio to sound like vinyl you must convert the digital mono depth perception back into stereo depth perception. to do this you must re-encode your digital audio to flac with compression level (4) this will convert digital mono to stereo depth perception and your digital audio will now sound like vinyl. and you can do it for FREE so run your own test and prove it to yourself friends.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
???

What are you even trying to say?

Vini darko

Major Contributor
If I understand this is about hobbling digital down to vinyl's level. So yes one can make digital behave like vinyl and therefore sound the same. Just a question of taste I guess.
Edit so many mistakes in one simple reply :facepalm:

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
While I find that vinyl does sound more pleasing to me than digital (note - I said more pleasing, not more accurate), I believe it has more to do with the distortion signature of vinyl which is very close to that of a single ended triode power amplifier; low order harmonic distortion components and not much else. Also, the groove noise of vinyl has a 'phasy' quality which makes the soundstage sound more enveloping.

As far as 'depth perception' or whatever, I think this guy is on too many drugs. :facepalm:

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is much harder to digitally clip vinyl.

- Rich

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I think you are wrong.

The point is to convert digital into analogue in order to be able to convert into in digital, in the aim it sounds less digital.
Absolutely brilliant! I wonder why I've never thought of that. :oops:

Pluto

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The point is to convert digital into analogue in order to be able to convert into in digital, in the aim it sounds less digital
Absolutely brilliant! I wonder why I've never thought of that. :oops:
Don't knock it; I once transferred a digital multitrack to analogue to squish it a bit (forgive the technical terminology), then back to digital for mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom