• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Digital Power Amplifier

shilent

One the AD18, the analog in gets converted to digital then back to analog.

Does anyone know if the same happens with this Loxjie A30?

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One the AD18, the analog in gets converted to digital then back to analog.

Does anyone know if the same happens with this Loxjie A30?
If the EQ filters apply to analog input, then most definitely.

mattzildjian

Hmm, while using EqualiserAPO and Peace I notice that even without any EQ adjustments it needs 7db reduction in preamp gain to prevent clipping... I wonder if this is a DAC or Driver issue..?

EDIT: I think it's an issue with EqualiserAPO. I have uninstalled it.

Last edited:

ehenriqu

Hi!
I'm looking for a decent small desktop amp to drive some DALI Spektor (1 or 2). Knowing that these speakers are not very easy to drive (83dB and 84dB), do you think this amp will do the job?
I'm also checking other options such as SMSL SA300, Topping PA3 and Tanget Ampster BT II.

I have a pair of DALI Spektor 1 as rear surrounds (paired with Denon AVR-X3500h) and they do a great job! I was so in love with these speakers that decided to buy some Spektor 2 for my PC desk. But now I have to find a decent low budget and small amp...

Thanks!

IchAlex

I tried it out and I found that the RCA input was very noisy compared to the digital inputs. Something to keep in mind for people who want to use it that way.

The Capstan

If the EQ filters apply to analog input, then most definitely.
No, the A30 uses a NJW1144 chip that process audio (volume and tone control) in the analogue domain. So it is in the path between the ESS DAC and the Infineon. The Aux in is connected directly to the NJW.

This is a major difference with other small full digital amps like the SMSL Q5 I also own. In that unit the amp is full digital so the aux in requires a A/D process and the tone control benefits of a DSP feature on the amp chip more sophisticated that the process permitted by the NJW.

I am not convinced at all of the tone control feature of the A30, for instance the EQ presets can be selected *as alternative* to bass/treble control. Also the curves are pretty basic, not a great help in equalizing my loudspeakers that can easl become quite boomy.

Alessandro.

The Capstan

I tried it out and I found that the RCA input was very noisy compared to the digital inputs. Something to keep in mind for people who want to use it that way.

I have used and did not notice this, even using the Sundar which is very detailed. I will check again tomorrow.

IchAlex

Review also states bad analog performance, so my ears weren’t wrong but for digital only application is perfect yes

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine came in today. After a few hours playing: sounds great on my Klipsch RF-5's. Using coax, optical, bt. You have to select BT input before you can pair, takes a while to show up on Androids, on IOS right away. Subwoofer output also works just fine. It's a keeper.
How does that sub out work? what is the slope of the low-pass? is there a high-pass?

Martynet

I just recieved my A30 and I really like it. The reaosn I got it is because I had two extra B&W M-1 speakers laying around and I decided to use them with my iMac. It's working fine and I'm also planing to get a sub. Something small, because my office is tiny. My question is... After I connect the sub, how do I cut off the frequency for B&Ws? Let's say at 65-75 Mhz.... So they don't have to play full range anymore? In low volume it's not a problem, but with high volume, I don't want to blow these speakers trying to play low frequencies, when sub is installed.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just recieved my A30 and I really like it. The reaosn I got it is because I had two extra B&W M-1 speakers laying around and I decided to use them with my iMac. It's working fine and I'm also planing to get a sub. Something small, because my office is tiny. My question is... After I connect the sub, how do I cut off the frequency for B&Ws? Let's say at 65-75 Mhz.... So they don't have to play full range anymore? In low volume it's not a problem, but with high volume, I don't want to blow these speakers trying to play low frequencies, when sub is installed.
That's the question someone already raised, and nothing in the spec allows to answer it. Someone will have to measure, I guess.

Martynet

That's the question someone already raised, and nothing in the spec allows to answer it. Someone will have to measure, I guess.
I know what I'll do, I'll get Wharfedale Diamond SW150 sub, which has both LINE IN/OUT and I'll try both connections. First using the SUB out on A30 and second, running the signal L/R from my pre-amp to the sub, cut the frequency with it and out to the A30. That should work fine, right?

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 166

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know what I'll do, I'll get Wharfedale Diamond SW150 sub, which has both LINE IN/OUT and I'll try both connections. First using the SUB out on A30 and second, running the signal L/R from my pre-amp to the sub, cut the frequency with it and out to the A30. That should work fine, right?
Does that sub have both a low-pass filter for itself and a high-pass filter for the mains?

Zek

Major Contributor
running the signal L/R from my pre-amp to the sub, cut the frequency with it and out to the A30.
Are you sure it can work that way?
Isn't Line Level input and output the same signal without processing?

Top Bottom