• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I find it hard to look past some of the old Altec designs:

a4.jpg
I don't think there is a better and more elegant example of form follows function, and as I've mentioned previously, the design makes time alignment between the HF and LF drivers easy.

mtmpenn

Forum Donor
Nice speakers. Always felt they deserved much more praise on ASR than they got, given how well they perform objectively.

Nice speakers. I'm biased but I really like the look of the Zaph driver. It has been interesting seeing the measurements of the DIY speakers here. Some have certainly had issues, but others measure really well, like the ZA5.2.

I think that when we are talking about pretty speakers, there is tremendous potential for DIY. Furniture grade cabinets and exotic veneers in commercial speakers are either not available or rather expensive.

My most beautiful speakers:
6C8C95EE-6E89-4B89-B3EB-DE8EC206A507.jpeg

Kustomize

Nice speakers. I'm biased but I really like the look of the Zaph driver. It has been interesting seeing the measurements of the DIY speakers here. Some have certainly had issues, but others measure really well, like the ZA5.2.

I think that when we are talking about pretty speakers, there is tremendous potential for DIY. Furniture grade cabinets and exotic veneers in commercial speakers are either not available or rather expensive.

My most beautiful speakers:
View attachment 90759
I saw your speaker set years ago, somewhere on techtalk! Looked so s3xy!

EchoChamber

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Prettiest? I don’t know! But they’re mine! DIY❤️View attachment 90730
View attachment 90729

First: I am in awe of anyone who goes to the trouble of DIYing their own speakers. So well done! Plus, yours look really nice.

However, I have to ask a question due, perhaps, to my own idiosyncratic aesthetics. And, again, I DO think you've done a beautiful job but:

I'm curious: why didn't you use black screws?

I ask because I tend to be allergic to seeing screws on furniture, and that includes speakers which I tend to regard as a form of furniture. Admittedly I'm not even a fan of looking at exposed drivers, but when I see in many speakers all the screws as well it reminds me of "made in shop class" stuff and I think "couldn't they have found a way to hide those?" It feels "unfinished." (I do get the practicality aspect - if you have to change drivers). Putting shiny screws on a black surround is of course going to make the screws stand out...and I'm not sure what is aesthetically pleasing about screws.

I see that some speaker manufacturers actually manage to hide the screws. But most don't, so I'm happy to be educated about why most don't bother, or why it may be particularly hard to make the screws visually hidden or disappear when designing speakers.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
For a few decades now I've watched Bill Dudleston of Legacy Audio in Springfield IL build some of the most beautiful speakers I ever laid eyes on.
Fit and finish is impeccable as witnessed both via the net and in person at various audio show. Sound quality appeared to be on the same level during limited listening sessions..

RW_Whisper.png
Valor_front_and_back_434_564.jpg
Legacy_V_Rosewood_Rear_434_723.jpg

Top Bottom