• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for MOST DETAILED, ANALYTICAL, X-RAY - 3D HOLOGRAPHIC DAC available?

Shazb0t

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Distortion from vibration is a real thing. Ever hear of tube microphonics? Capacitor microphonics? 30 some years ago everyone in the room experienced an improvement during a double blind test of putting a cd player on an air suspension table (designed for laser optics because vibration matters there too). It wasn't an earth shattering improvement, but everyone was able to correctly identify when the air table was used. This, even though all the gear was in a back room behind the listening room with the speakers! Expensive piece of gear which inspired many anti vibration products since. Hobbyists went for the inflated bicycle inner tube under a board solution.

Not all tweaks have to be expensive. Here is one from Ric Schultz at Tweakaudio to decouple the magnetic field of your speaker cables from floor interference. But, if you don't hear differences in dacs or power conditioning, don't even bother.
:View attachment 90517
I have no qualms with calling you a troll at this point. Thomas is sorely missed!

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
gg-PdbMd0eMIY9aEMJxS8i1JoMNojQe1OEC-uCMY17I.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Here is one from Ric Schultz at Tweakaudio to decouple the magnetic field of your speaker cables from floor interference.

Is there a schematic or diagram? How do you know which way is towards the speaker?

Did Halloween become April fool's day?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Not all tweaks have to be expensive. Here is one from Ric Schultz at Tweakaudio to decouple the magnetic field of your speaker cables from floor interference. But, if you don't hear differences in dacs or power conditioning, don't even bother.
If you are following Ric Schultz, this forum is not for you. We don't believe in imagined differences in audio but ones that we can prove. I suggest reconsidering why you are here before I take action.

Leporello

What floor interference? What are the physical principles involved in this?

And now before you come up with yet another thing, please at least try answering any of the previous dozen questions asking you to back up any of your claims..
You cannot win this one. It is Gish Galloping at full speed.
From http://blogs.bu.edu/pbokulic/2013/11/18/gish-gallop-fallacy-of-the-day/ :
The Gish Gallop is the tactic of snowing your opponent under a mountain of supposed “pieces of evidence” or “problem cases” and claiming that the opponent’s inability to respond to this pile of evidence shows that your side is right. This tactic counts as a fallacy because its effectiveness doesn’t depend on presenting arguments that are right or even well-supported. Quantity is offered as a substitute for quality.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Didn't I already mention Brandolini's law?

The BS assymetry principle.
New one to me- interesting and undoubtedly true.

Getting a bit tired of it now though, getting tetchy with the legitimate (but misguided) posters offering wholly subjective observations which is how the trolls also begin. All adds to the impression ASR is an unfriendly bunch of cranks . But leave it unchecked and the whole forum just becomes a mire of baseless amateur hour descriptions of perceived sound and , at best, scientific half truths.

Has it always been this way or is it getting worse?

Robin L

Master Contributor

Getting a bit tired of it now though, getting tetchy with the legitimate (but misguided) posters offering wholly subjective observations which is how the trolls also begin. All adds to the impression ASR is an unfriendly bunch of cranks . But leave it unchecked and the whole forum just becomes a mire of baseless amateur hour descriptions of perceived sound and , at best, scientific half truths.

Very much getting worse. Public media used to be delivered slower, not the result of 100,000,000 monkeys with keyboards and modems. So the level of bullshit has a constant rate of increase. No fact-checking, no editors. It's ubiquitous and explains many other unraveling social mores.

raif71

Major Contributor

Since I spent most of my time here compared to Head-Fi for instance, all I can honestly say that I'm 60% objective and 40% subjective. Sorry to say to people over here that I'm not 100% committed to believing that measurement is everything. I leave some issues to my ears but guided by the forums here. :)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

The growth has been pretty crazy lately... What used to be a regular but not terribly intrusive part of forum life has become...different. It's like someone turned up the whack-a-mole game to 'hahaha' speed.

Oklei

Forum Donor
I leave some issues to my ears but guided by the forums here.
I think no one has a problem with this. If you love harmonic distortion. Go for it. If you like some dB plus at 10 kHz to get a feeling of xray holographic imaging. Go for it. It's the semi scientific bs some like to post on asr that annoys people. There is no good or bad taste when it comes to music enjoyment.

Top Bottom