• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone from EU ordered audio devices from shenzhenaudio

somy

Hi,
I'd like to buy a DAC and IEM and found the webshop https://shenzhenaudio.com/ who has good offer and seems to ship globally.
Has anybody who live in EU bought something from them? How long did it take to ship to EU and do they also take care of import tax (or VAT)?
Please share your experience (either bad or good), thanks a lot!

Jimmy

They sell through Amazon (both prime and non prime), so I guess it's the better choice as long as they have available what you want to buy, this way (fulfilled by amazon) you'll have faster shipping, no hidden costs and less headaches.

Otherwise when buying directly from China (or other non EU country), depending on the value (it depends on your country's legislation) may carry added VAT and duties.

OP
S

somy

They sell through Amazon (both prime and non prime), so I guess it's the better choice as long as they have available what you want to buy, this way (fulfilled by amazon) you'll have faster shipping, no hidden costs and less headaches.

Otherwise when buying directly from China (or other non EU country), depending on the value (it depends on your country's legislation) may carry added VAT and duties.
Thank! I found their store on Amazon.de but looks like only small number of items there.

Morla

Forum Donor
You did not mention the brand but smsl: hifi-express.com seems to allow shipping from uk some even germany if that helps.

Oh an hifigo.com has a shipping option with all tax paid (10 days aprox)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Bought my L30 from them via Aliexpress. There were supply issues with L30 at the time so not a fair comparison but yes, paid import duties etc to UK.

Budget for 25% on top of price paid if coming into the EU.

OP
S

somy

You did not mention the brand but smsl: hifi-express.com seems to allow shipping from uk some even germany if that helps.

Oh an hifigo.com has a shipping option with all tax paid (10 days aprox)
Thank you! Nice sites, I find smsl m500 cheaper and will be shipped from UK warehouse on hifi-express.com, hope they have more brands!
HiFigo.com price a little higher but many more brands. I guess the shipping option “Priority ( 1-3weeks, avg.2weeks )- All taxes & duties paid” is the one I should choose if I don’t want to pay tax myself?

Feyire

Hi,
I'd like to buy a DAC and IEM and found the webshop https://shenzhenaudio.com/ who has good offer and seems to ship globally.
Has anybody who live in EU bought something from them? How long did it take to ship to EU and do they also take care of import tax (or VAT)?
I bought my SMSL SU-8 DAC from them. It was shipped within 3 days of ordering and arrived within a week and half or so. I did have to pay import duty and tax though when I went to collect it.

Cortes

Hi,

I bought my SML-SU8 from them. All was good. I don't remember the shipping time to Spain, but not too long.
VAT must be managed by you at the arrival.

Definitevely, I recommend them.

Morla

Forum Donor
Thank you! Nice sites, I find smsl m500 cheaper and will be shipped from UK warehouse on hifi-express.com, hope they have more brands!
HiFigo.com price a little higher but many more brands. I guess the shipping option “Priority ( 1-3weeks, avg.2weeks )- All taxes & duties paid” is the one I should choose if I don’t want to pay tax myself?

Yes

celroid

Even if you buy from amazon in EU, they ship from China and you still have to pay custom duties. Happened to me.

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I bought a couple of Topping D10 units from them on Amazon UK, but it was Amazon fulfilled so not much to say really.
I guessed there would be import if it came directly from them, as they aren't in the UK/EU.

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

To answer your question, no I did not order from Shenzen Audio.

And for sure I WILL NOT ORDER from them, except maybe for a 20 dollars/euros device.

Why ?

Simple... I am not rich enough to gamble 300€ on a reseller that does not comply to the standards I am used to as a european customer.

Regards.

Duckofdeath

I have bought a DAP directly from Shenzhen Audio. It was delivered fairly swiftly and since that one cost less than 100 euros it apparently dodged the VAT radar here in Ireland. :cool:
I bought a DAC from them through Amazon Germany this week, this was also shipped directly from China. This time I had to pay import duties before DHL delivered. It ended up at 40 euros for a 349 euro DAC. I sent a message to the seller on Amazon, as it was listed as "VAT included", and they immediately refunded me the fee I had to pay to DHL.

Top Bottom