• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best AV Processor under $3k? Lexicon MC-10, Anthem AVM 60, or something else?

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's really no big deal...
However, yes, we could lose our job over it.
Last summer I did accidentally leak out our MDX Distribution Amps to the press when we were at a Conference showing those products to our Dealers. She said she was only videoing me so that she didn't have to take notes. Yeah, she put the video out all over the internet to have the "Breaking News" story on a new product in our industry. She could have easily taken a photo of our banner we had out in the hallway, I just made it easier for her with the video - learned my lesson on that. Fortunately it didn't impede anything, it just made it awkward with our competition getting wind of our product before some of our Dealers did. Distribution Amps don't have panache like a typical consumer, or Audiophile type Amplifier does - it's more important to Dealers who are installing whole home audio or multizone commercial jobs than what the general public would be interested in. That's why it wasn't as big of a deal when it leaked, it was a new product category for us so it didn't kill sales of any existing product. For people who want background music throughout the house, backyard, business, or to run Atmos channels in a theater room, they are tremendously great sounding/performing, and flexible amps for lots of different purposes.

Thank you for coming to my defense, I appreciate it. It's all good!
Heyyyyyy!

Eureka! ARC GENESIS is in and I ran one set up.
How do I know that the curves are ok? How do I test it?
Im so excited!
Can I manually adjust the target curves?

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am holding out hope that the AVM60 would be the best measuring pre-pro among the sorry lot that Amir has measured so far. Its pricing is very attractive. Any chance @cbrents73 that you can arrange for a unit to be loaned to @amirm for review?

Robh3606

I had an Emotiva XMC-1 for years and just upgraded to the XMC-2 . If anyone is looking for a 7.2 and isn't concerned by the lack of ATMOS support you can get a refurbished one for very little money. If ATMOS is a requirement the XMC-2 is 16 channels you can configure any way you want.

https://emotiva.com/products/xmc-1

cbrents73

Audio Company
Definitely didn’t intend to ask for info that would ever put someone’s job in jeopardy. I do look forward to their new receiver lineup when it comes out as you guys are making some great performing and innovative products. Look forward to what comes next. Thanks again for your presence here.

I appreciate your note and understood the true intent, so no worries. When we are allowed to share info and make things public with any of our products, I'll certainly be back here to make an announcement - I'll try to make it kind of like a personalized product launch for "Enthusiasts".:cool:

cbrents73

Audio Company
@cbrents73, I found a decent explanation on how to use Arc Genesis pro at the Audio Advisor web site. I will try using their guideline.

Interesting...It could've been supplied by Martin Logan - our sister brand? I tried looking around a little on their site for it, but couldn't locate it. If you have a link you could provide me with going directly to it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

cbrents73

Audio Company
Heyyyyyy!

Eureka! ARC GENESIS is in and I ran one set up.
How do I know that the curves are ok? How do I test it?
Im so excited!
Can I manually adjust the target curves?

Did you run Genesis in "Pro Mode", or just run it and let it do it's thing and Upload the correction?

cbrents73

Audio Company
I am holding out hope that the AVM60 would be the best measuring pre-pro among the sorry lot that Amir has measured so far. Its pricing is very attractive. Any chance @cbrents73 that you can arrange for a unit to be loaned to @amirm for review?

That's a great question! I don't know where https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?members/2/ is, however, I'm not the one who decides that, but certainly could reach out to his closest Dealer and see if they have one to loan. We've been selling those extremely well and many Dealers have had to use their Demos to fill jobs, so might be hard to find one right now...?

Just remember, there's so many decisions to be made to hit certain price points for products, it's likely ours may not measure well either based on the equipment used to determine those measurements here. To have access to the latest HDMI Chipsets (circuit boards), units have to be made in certain factories overseas. We design the entire unit in house and the factory we use in Vietnam has to build them to our specification. If the units didn't require HDMI, we would likely be building our Receivers and Processors in our own Factory in Canada like we do with our STR Series and the rest of our Amplifiers. We build about 67% of all of our products there - including Paradigm Speakers from our Premier Series on up to Personas, Defiance X Series and above Subwoofers, along with our CI-Pro and CI-Elite In-wall and In-Ceiling Speakers, in our factory in Mississauga.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's a great question! I don't know where https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?members/2/ is, however, I'm not the one who decides that, but certainly could reach out to his closest Dealer and see if they have one to loan. We've been selling those extremely well and many Dealers have had to use their Demos to fill jobs, so might be hard to find one right now...?

Just remember, there's so many decisions to be made to hit certain price points for products, it's likely ours may not measure well either based on the equipment used to determine those measurements here. To have access to the latest HDMI Chipsets (circuit boards), units have to be made in certain factories overseas. We design the entire unit in house and the factory we use in Vietnam has to build them to our specification. If the units didn't require HDMI, we would likely be building our Receivers and Processors in our own Factory in Canada like we do with our STR Series and the rest of our Amplifiers. We build about 67% of all of our products there - including Paradigm Speakers from our Premier Series on up to Personas, Defiance X Series and above Subwoofers, along with our CI-Pro and CI-Elite In-wall and In-Ceiling Speakers, in our factory in Mississauga.

@amirm is in Seattle area. “Measure well” is relative here. I think a phone dongle is the current bar, unfortunately.

Timme

What can ARC and Dirac do that Audyssey (XT 32) cannot? With the Audyssey app you can create custom curves and limit the correction frequency. Audyssey also does a good job dual subs.
It doesn’t do a good job. It all just sound bad and the bass is bad
If you haven’t tried Dirac you really should and compare. Huge difference

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Had both Dirac and Audyssey XT32 in 3-4 systems. They are both really good. If correcting below say 200-500hz not sure if I could tell then apart. Audyssey does work well on the bass IMHO. People seem to have varying experience on correcting the higher frequencies.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
To all on this thread.
If you want any piece of DRC software to work it's best you need to put some time and effort learning it's ins and outs.
It's awful easy to just say "X sounds bad", but to supply documentation to support these claims takes a little work.
This forum is Audio Science Research and I can find no "science" in "X sounds bad".
Maybe return with measurements from using REW of the two systems showing the actual results of your work.
That will allow everyone to truely learn from your post. ;)
Thanks for your participation.

Timme

To all on this thread.
If you want any piece of DRC software to work it's best you need to put some time and effort learning it's ins and outs.
It's awful easy to just say "X sounds bad", but to supply documentation to support these claims takes a little work.
This forum is Audio Science Research and I can find no "science" in "X sounds bad".
Maybe return with measurements from using REW of the two systems showing the actual results of your work.
That will allow everyone to truely learn from your post. ;)
Thanks for your participation.
It has been done before with rew comparing ARC, Audyssey and Dirac

it was a big difference between them in Diracs favor

Timme

Had both Dirac and Audyssey XT32 in 3-4 systems. They are both really good. If correcting below say 200-500hz not sure if I could tell then apart. Audyssey does work well on the bass IMHO. People seem to have varying experience on correcting the higher frequencies.
I never got Audyssey to work with or without the app

never sounded good for me. Huge difference when I started to use Dirac

lamda18

I have a question.
Is AVM60 roon ready? Or will be in the future?
Thank you.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It has been done before with rew comparing ARC, Audyssey and Dirac

it was a big difference between them in Diracs favor
Please provide the documentation or link?
Maybe the person doing it wasn't competent with the software.
I believe the problems are user induced.
There is absolutely no reason for XT32+Editor or ARC to sound "just sound bad and the bass is bad".
In fact Editor is capable to doing a better job with dual subs than the others, they can't do dual subs at all unless you have the latest very expensive software.

Timme

Please provide the documentation or link?
Maybe the person doing it wasn't competent with the software.
I believe the problems are user induced.
There is absolutely no reason for XT32+Editor or ARC to sound "just sound bad and the bass is bad".
In fact Editor is capable to doing a better job with dual subs than the others, they can't do dual subs at all unless you have the latest very expensive software.
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/ro...-audyssey-xt32-dirac-2-0-accueq-2018.3037658/
Post 18

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom