• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Element M - First impression

OP
S

somy

Definitely! The updated MA app seems to be optimized for iOS 14 as what its description shows. Will update my OS then and see how it goes. I just find it odd that it works perfectly fine in Android.
Have you solved the issue with iOS?

sonusfaberx

Have you solved the issue with iOS?

I just did. I had to uninstall, reinstall the MA App, Setup the device via Wifi, and it got detected. There it gave me the option to upgrade the Firmware. Quite happy that the firmware update does not need a PC anymore and it can do it by itself. App now seems very responsive, let us see how this goes.

OP
S

somy

Just want to report back that my dealer Undentia in Sweden and Matrix Audio helped resolve the issues. Today I have received a new Element M as replacement, and I did some quick tests:
1) Display is noticeable brighter than the previous one, no missing pixels and text are displayed sharp as they should.
2) The electrical noise is still there, but I cannot hear it 20cm away from the device. It is a big difference comparing to the previous one.

All in all I'm now a happy owner of Element M. I'd like to help with software issues, and will keep adding to this thread.

sonusfaberx

I just subscribed to Qobuz and got it added on the MA Remote App in Android and iOS. Both are not working. In iOS, I get an error message that it gets disconnected, while in Android it won’t respond when I click on a song or add it on the queue. Only way I can use Qobuz is via Roon. As someone who is streaming dependent, I’d like these to get fixed soon. Really am not enjoying the idea of subscribing to Roon just to get this to work.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just subscribed to Qobuz and got it added on the MA Remote App in Android and iOS. Both are not working. In iOS, I get an error message that it gets disconnected, while in Android it won’t respond when I click on a song or add it on the queue. Only way I can use Qobuz is via Roon. As someone who is streaming dependent, I’d like these to get fixed soon. Really am not enjoying the idea of subscribing to Roon just to get this to work.
I've never used the Matrix Element M but if it can be used as a UPnP renderer (which I believe it can) then you can stream Qobuz via a 3rd party android app (e.g. Bubble UNnP).

sonusfaberx

I've never used the Matrix Element M but if it can be used as a UPnP renderer (which I believe it can) then you can stream Qobuz via a 3rd party android app (e.g. Bubble UNnP).

That is nice to know. Thanks for the tip. I hope I can find an app for my Huawei P40 Pro. Not having Google in my Android phone has it's challenges :(

OP
S

somy

That is nice to know. Thanks for the tip. I hope I can find an app for my Huawei P40 Pro. Not having Google in my Android phone has it's challenges :(
Have you contacted matrix support? I’m surprised it doesn’t work out of box. Not everyone wants roon.

OP
S

somy

Please let us know how it goes - I’m personally also interested although I’m not using Quboz at the moment but I consider to switch to Quboz when the service is open here in DK

OP
S

somy

Brought by a discussion in Element thread, looks like some (if not all) Element M have wrong wireless card which only support 802.11n not 802.11ac as in their spec and user manual. It affects my device and I suggest all users to check theirs. Attached one connection from IPhone perfect speed with 802.11ac, one from Element M only 802.11n. Obviously it can cause delay and dropouts.

Attachments

• 529AB60E-D2E7-4933-A5B8-071EBF15A06A.png
    529AB60E-D2E7-4933-A5B8-071EBF15A06A.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 108
  • C587C87C-10FB-4B1F-883F-C3131F6BA681.png
    C587C87C-10FB-4B1F-883F-C3131F6BA681.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 90

sonusfaberx

Please let us know how it goes - I’m personally also interested although I’m not using Quboz at the moment but I consider to switch to Quboz when the service is open here in DK

I tried Qobuz the day after. Works great, maybe this is still related to the cache management issue from the MA Remote App. What I like about Qobuz is the steady download rate, 320kbs, which makes it easier and much faster to load. But again, after like playing 10 or so songs, that lag plagues the App again.

sonusfaberx

Brought by a discussion in Element thread, looks like some (if not all) Element M have wrong wireless card which only support 802.11n not 802.11ac as in their spec and user manual. It affects my device and I suggest all users to check theirs. Attached one connection from IPhone perfect speed with 802.11ac, one from Element M only 802.11n. Obviously it can cause delay and dropouts.

That is an interesting find. What app in iOS do you use?

OP
S

somy

That is an interesting find. What app in iOS do you use?
It’s AirPort Utility - I use AirPort Extreme as WiFi AC at home. Maybe you can login to your router and check the connection.

Massimo

Any news on when Spotify Connect will be running on the Element series?

OP
S

somy

No idea but MA said they’re working on it so I think it’s their next in the pipeline.

sonusfaberx

They said it should happen before the end of the year, I use Spotify though via Airplay and it sounds better than using an Android streamer(Mi Box S) on optical out going to the element M.

OP
S

somy

They said it should happen before the end of the year, I use Spotify though via Airplay and it sounds better than using an Android streamer(Mi Box S) on optical out going to the element M.
Hi have you managed to check your wireless connection? Try to switch to 5G and see what speed you get. With AC you should get above 300Mbps.

Top Bottom