• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Campaign for compliance with the Coronavirus rules is not well received everywhere

Universal Cereal Bus

I'll give you an Anton Chigurh bet, would you bet your life that Mr.T's followers have an average IQ over 90?
"Mr. T? I pity the fool that takes that bet!"
1a814718ee5ae4d243b3ba768228a508.jpg

I assume you meant the other one...

OP
C

ctrl

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just talked to our friends in Frankfurt last week, your comments are interesting considering there is a large anti-mask movement among the anti-Semitic racist white power contingent in Germany.
Many commentators in the media keep wondering how it can be that all the different groups at the Anti-Mask and Anti-Corono-Rule demonstrations protest together.
There are neo-Nazis, Reichsbürger, fundamentalist and "normal" Christians, esoterics, anti-vax people, a certain part of the radical left and "concerned citizens". All these people are protesting for their "personal freedom" - they did not protest when Edward Snowden exposed grotesque government surveillance programs.
What connects all these people? Pronounced egoism? At the end of the day, when all the questions have been asked, one thing will stand out: the belief in a Jewish world conspiracy (of some kind).

I think you mean H&K ;)
Or maybe a Walther P38
After all the experiences of the last one hundred and ten years, Germany simply cannot help but spread the good in the world. ;)

DChenery

Forum Donor
I'll give you an Anton Chigurh bet, would you bet your life that Mr.T's followers have an average IQ over 90?

Being as ill informed as I am, just had to look this one up (the Anton Chiqurh bet, not the Mr. T bit).

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”
Anton Chigurh, No Country for Old Men

In the movie, serial killer Anton Chigurh flips a coin to determine whether or not he will kill his victims. He believes that "luck (or lack there of depending) is intertwined intimately with fate. That is, fate has already determined which way the coin will fall before he flips it.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Being as ill informed as I am, just had to look this one up (the Anton Chiqurh bet, not the Mr. T bit).

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”
Anton Chigurh, No Country for Old Men

In the movie, serial killer Anton Chigurh flips a coin to determine whether or not he will kill his victims. He believes that "luck (or lack there of depending) is intertwined intimately with fate. That is, fate has already determined which way the coin will fall before he flips it.

I guess that's one way for a fuckwit to abrogate responsibility for his actions.

Last edited:

Willem

Major Contributor
I just talked to our friends in Frankfurt last week, your comments are interesting considering there is a large anti-mask movement among the anti-Semitic racist white power contingent in Germany.
The situation is quite similar here in the Netherlands, other than that it is not so much anti semitic as anti islam, and not as loud as in Germany. Our National Anti Terrorism coordinator has identified them as a potential threat to national security. Health care staff recieve threats and the same applies to politicians quite a few of whom for the first time need protection, although our prime minister still comes to work by bicycle. Our two ultra right wing political parties have a problem with their electrorates: one half does indeed have these bizarre views and claim that the virus threat is a conspiracy, but the other half of their electorate consists of often elderly people who realize that they are at risk.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I can only tell my view in germany. And there is a big anti-science, anti-press flow driven by the right wing. You can see influenses coming from Mr. T here in germany.

I can't figure out who Mr T is...

Vini darko

Major Contributor
I trust political teams and their pet scientists about as much as a starving thief looking after my wallet.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That concerns me.
It's identity politics at its worst. Apparently their "freedom" to not wear a mask is more important than others dying and losing theirs.

We can play identity politics any day, but on this issue, the kids need to buckle up and let the adults drive the car.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Iam not sure if i translate "..kinda dense.." right?

dense

3. (Informal) A person that is not very smart, and takes a while to realize things that should be common sense.

kinda

kind of, sort of, somewhat, rather, a bit

"I am rather dense on occasion."

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
dense

3. (Informal) A person that is not very smart, and takes a while to realize things that should be common sense.

Ok than i was wrong. Dense i translated as "dicht". And being 'dicht' means in some slang type, being under (heavy) influence of alcohole or other drugs.
Edit says: I learn every day on ASR. ;)

Last edited:

leeroy 85032

The new campaign of the Berlin Senate Department for Economics to comply with the Corona rules is being hotly debated in the social media. Berlin's mayor Müller is stunned by a poster showing a senior citizen giving the middle finger. Now the campaign is to be cancelled completely.
Source: n-tv.de

Even CNN is already reporting about it - in my opinion a quite successful campaign ;)

On the poster it says:
The "raised index finger" for all without a mask.
We comply with the Corona rules.

View attachment 88039
this is news?sounds more like propaganda.. maybe an e/mail to Q might start an investigation to clear things up for the confused...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That is not the case here- there's legal mandates that the business owners must enforce. Out on the street and up in the hills is where you see more diversity than in stores and offices.

What I have been saying should happen in the UK-authorities cant be everywhere policing non mask wearers, but should be sanctions for owner/ managers of spaces that allow these people to move around unchallenged. Not about their rights or preferences, its about having a thought for those around and for those that dont think- remove them.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Sadly, this does not surprise me one jot. Utter lack of empathy or regard for the value of fellow humans. Utterly selfish narrow minded nob-headery.

Top Bottom