• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dad gets fired for daughter's video

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hmmm. Dad takes daughter to work at Apple. She videos a bit of iPhone X and her Dad is fired for it. May want to skip to close to end of it:

For a product that is already released seems quite harsh. A warning should have been enough.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
That's too much; Apple needs a life.

They just bet too much on the useless hype of their products, as if life could extinct itself.
I call this over ventilating, over reacting, over losing their head. They should be living in space where they can fart freely without smelling toxic to their environment.
Each time they have a new phone they act as if they were made of emeralds from Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
A warning should have been enough.

I got thrown out of the Sprint Labs in Burlingame.

Tokyo was pressing Dallas to press me to press on the Sprint guys to get moving on their acceptance testing (major in-service millisecond outage upgrade to ATM long haul backbone network hardware/software).

I came back from lunch, and said something like "Ok guys, it's showtime!" in my best Beetlejuice impersonation.

Got a call from my manager, checked out of the Embassy, window seat to Dallas., an evening with my gear.

Some wiser heads prevailed, as I had been the nursemaid for the project in Tokyo and was the only one that knew what was going on in English.

Very next day, fly back to Burlingame. "Hi guys!".

I never found out what really happened.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Looking at some of the other vids and comments indicates it may have been for showing company privileged/confidential information on the phone's screen rather than just showing the phone itself. Either way, Dad should have known better, and management probably could have gotten by with a warning, but these days engineers are largely treated as commodities and companies are looking to cut the bottom line. There may have been other things going on, natch, and that was just the last straw. The girl's "apology" vid was something I had a hard time getting through, and I would not be saying I'd still buy Apple and all that jazz at that point.

Top Bottom