• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Film Industry | Hollywood | Show-business | All That Movie Jazz ...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Hollywood film producers, companies and the film industry in general ...

Tentative

The A-list of actors/actresses in Hollywood is impressive, very.
The paychecks are astronomical for topnotch actors/actresses who are in high demand from moviegoers, us. We all have our favorite actors and actresses and film directors; they would influence our putting gasoline in our cars and drive to the nearest and best movie theaters, to purchase the UHD 4K Blu-rays and /or the 3D Blu-ray versions ... Avatar, Gravity, Blade Runner 2049, Interstellar, The Revenant, Fast & Furious, etc.

A movie theater ticket, IMAX or Dolby Cinema, etc., can cost anywhere between, depending on the day of the week, our age group, which film, tralala, say $7 and $23 (after tax).
On average I pay about $18 here for a good premium theater, without the popcorn and licorice and beverage ($36 with; one single person). And that does not include the parking ticket and gasoline in the car (an additional $28; return). So, to go see a movie for me is roughly about $65 all together, just for me. ...Add roughly $35 for each additional person.

When I buy a Blu-ray in 3D say from Disney movie studios, I pay on average between $35 and $50 (after tax; one single movie).

The prices I mentioned above are true Canadian dollars.

This is just to give you an idea of how lucrative the film industry is around the globe, and how much money high demand actors and actresses can make, and some film directors and film producers.
Some films make more than a billion dollars @ the box office, worldwide, US dollars.

Young actors and actresses fresh from acting classes @ school dream of an acting career in the showbiz of Hollywood Boulevard, with their name next to a star engraved on the sidewalk.

For years and years the Hollywood film industry lives in a world of secrets, lies, deceptions, hiding, exploitation and corruption. It is a disease, and money corrupts everyone.
The pain gained, is it worth it?

I am a person of high values, morals and principles. ...Human respect.
I think we, as humans, are extremely weak when it comes to money gains.
Many will do almost anything, even hiding the truth during their entire lifetime, getting incinerated or buried underground with it.
Others will blindfold themselves so that they can't even see across the mirror.

I mention this because I think it's important.

Being the best is to encourage respect. And respect starts with our own eyes turned towards the mirror of life. This is not a single one-person character issue; it's a Hollywood community issue. It's a many people's silence issue. Silence is the vice, the disease, the crime here...in my sincere opinion.

The power of money will buy the silence from anybody.

When I go to the cinema theater to see my favorite actors and actresses, my favorite film directors, cinematographers, music composers,...when I purchase films on Blu-ray, I am directly investing in the Hollywood film industry, plus the shares I have purchased in some movie studios...stock market.
I invest money, time, vision in order to gain in advancement, in wisdom, in knowledge, in my bank account.

The choices I make in life they are my choices, my vision, my interest, my love, my passion, my faith, my rewards, who I truly am.

I mention this because I think it's important.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
For years and years the Hollywood film industry lives in a world of secrets, lies, deceptions, hiding, exploitation and corruption. It is a disease, and money corrupts everyone.
The pain gained, is it worth it?
The behind story is super ugly. And well-known to everyone in the industry. Indeed the dirtiness is what attracts many to want to get involved with "hollywood." Can't believe all the actors and actresses coming out saying, "oh I did not know." Might as well say earth is flat. Sexual advances and such is the norm, not the exception.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
You got the picture Amir. By their silence they are no better than the rest.
Hypocrisy in the pure sense of the word.

And when I mentioned all the money we pay to go to the movie theaters, and to buy our movies on Blu-ray and other formats, we became accomplices ourselves. It is tough to not vomit a little, to hear the truth, that 2015 tape from the NYPD, the inaction of the authorities, of the good citizens...which make them the bad authorities, the bad citizens. It is a widespread disease, an underground secret that everyone knows but are afraid to speak of in fear of losing their job, their paychecks, their fake dignity, ...
It is all so corrupted and superficial...talent related to sex favors, to perversion, to mental illness, to camouflage.

Money is not a sign of success, rightfulness is.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It is tough to not vomit a little, to hear the truth, that 2015 tape from the NYPD, the inaction of the authorities, of the good citizens
That tape is just insane. It is as close to a confession as one gets and NY prosecutors decide to not pursue him. Really? What else did they need? And they sent her in there alone again after the bastard grabbed her breast the day before??? And she was courageous enough to do it and they slap her in the face by not prosecuting?

Here is what we are talking about for those of you not following the news:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Harvey Weinstein is a sick and despicable and criminal sexual predator, there is no doubt about that, and along with him, all the accomplices and people who knew and people who are/were silent, and by their silence they are all promoting abuse of power and sex exploitation...to both young women and young men. They are the money/glory fame of the Hollywood's package and pact with the devil's contracts under the fake stars...including some lawyers, other film producers, film executives, actors and actresses, ...all the film industry workers who give money a priority over human values.

Those three short articles from The Guardian are must read:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/13/harvey-weinstein-allegations-hollywood-enablers
https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...-harvey-weinstein-claims-moguls-alleged-fixer
https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...n-alleged-behaviour-is-the-accepted-way-in-la
_____

f8538ce268a7c0984af0180f34b21491_XL.jpg

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The company is part of the problem. They settled 8 sexual harassment claims. In most companies a single one such settlement neuters your career. By the second one you will surely be fired and out.

Yes it is hard to go after a person whose name is on the door but the law is quite strict here as far as liability for the company.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Hollywood is full of snobs, farts, power ego, fake people, plastic appearances, devil's trophies earned from the rise of sex exploitation and human degradation and fear and power trip and huge sick egos dressed in tuxedos and long dresses @ gallas and film rewards halls of hell.

The underground life in Hollywood and everything related to abuse is a disgrace from all the people who participate with the sick and perverts and abuse of power, including the top executives and judges and lawyers and government officials and Amazon's boss and his crew.

The tape released, the NYPD tape, ...the fact that nothing was done make them accomplices too to a serious crime, along with everyone else from the justice system who knew about that tape, and all other serious allegations requiring serious investigation. Your cannot encourage crimes by hiding them under the veil of secrecy and dirty money buyouts. If you do you are a criminal too without conscience, without true human values. You are encouraging child abuse, women exploitation, sex perversion, ...some of the worst crimes committed against your own society, family and friends. You are worth nothing, you have no success, all your money is worthless, you are the devil's accomplices.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
The company is part of the problem. They settled 8 sexual harassment claims. In most companies a single one such settlement neuters your career. By the second one you will surely be fired and out.

Yes it is hard to go after a person whose name is on the door but the law is quite strict here as far as liability for the company.

Yes, many people in the company Amir, and beyond too, even some Disney top shots.
But that's normal routine in the Hollywood's film industry, the abuse of power and of women.

Those money settlements are the devil's work; whoever signed them are encouraging one of the worst crimes against humanity...destruction of human foundation, destruction of love and nurture, destruction of self-esteem and deprivation of family values in a civilised society.

Eight settlements is probably small compared to all affected victims in real life. And it affects the victim's children too, and their mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers and all the friends.

Harvey Weinstein is not alone here, read the second link I just provided above, about that Italian guy who setup those meetings between the young actresses and Weinstein, under false pretenses. This guy too is a direct and active criminal. ...And it goes further, ...just wait for what's coming up...it is far from over...it is only the start...and it's about time. Some top shots are going to fall like dominos, even top politicians and the people around them.

Amir, let's not be blind here anymore; this is epidemic the abuse of women, of power, of money...and from all circles of our society, not just from Hollywood Boulevard with control over our screens, the power of money through sex and violence. ...Bad bad bad human exploitation, no better than women rapists, child abusers, sexploitation, than the lowest of the lowest race of people's life destroyers and killers of the most precious human values...esteem, true esteem.

This vice spread by Hollywood is corrupting an immense section of the film industry...it's like an addiction without a cure.

I think we haven't seen anything yet, this is not even the smallest tip of the gargantuan Hollywood iceberg.

Much much more to come ....

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I have read that article, on Abacus, couple weeks ago or so.

The big companies get away with corruption and abuse of power and lies and all type of other abonimable crimes, while the little people, us, pay them so that they can remain in operation.

Harvey Weinstein is falling real hard, from all fronts, and with him should a lot of others. ...Among, that Italian setup meetings guy between the young girls and H. Weinstein. He is as guilty and should be jailed for life.

This is truly sick that our society allow people like them to commit despicable crimes of three lowest and dirtiest and extremely hurtful to women, and men and children of our communities, families and friends.

Also, the news media are equally guilty by silencing all the crimes; them too, the executives and the entire crews should all go to jail for promoting abuse of power and women exploitation, sex and violence by their silence, fear of the warlords of our democratic and emancipated system.

If you want to work for criminals be ready to face the justice system and go to jail where your ass is theirs...the other inmates who rule them prisons where rape is fully understood and you wish it would never happen to you or anyone else, not in this lifetime, not evereally, not on this planet, not anywhere in thde universe, not for a single second of glass fragmentation from the fires of hell or heavens...between space and time.

Ciscomodachrojedufrancristem.

JoeWhip

The Sungs are great people. What happened to them is a disgrace. Thankfully, they are doing well.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor

Cosmik

Major Contributor
It all seems oddly familiar. Just a small change to the spelling of the name...
...Goldstein was psychologically necessary in order to distract, unite and focus the anger of the people of Oceania. Ostensibly, Goldstein serves as a convenient scapegoat for the totalitarian regime in Nineteen Eighty-Four, and justifies its surveillance and elimination of civil liberties.

Top Bottom