• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

About the sound of class D amplifiers

AnLaoJin

I have an 《ik iloud》 speaker. The sound of this speaker is very accurate. It is DSP crossover + Class D amplification. I want to know that all D types have this sound characteristic? Precision, neutrality, leading edge and trailing edge are all great.
If a Class D amplifier drives HIFI passive speakers, does it still have neutral, clean, and transient sound characteristics? ? ?
Currently my speaker is HIEND-ELAC CONCENTRO.
I desperately need a power amplifier that is neutral, accurate, very good in transient, and 4Ω greater than 800W, and low distortion. However, NC1200, 4Ω700W is already 1% THD with high distortion, which is obviously inappropriate, and the power after AHB2 bridge is also not enough.
Please recommend it

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Peak Power is 600W, why do you want to feed it more than 800W?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think this is the 3rd thread asking about amplifiers for your speakers. :)
Vera Audio bridged Purifi 1000W at 4 ohms.

OP
AnLaoJin

AnLaoJin

Peak Power is 600W, why do you want to feed it more than 800W?
Only the amplifier with stable power of 800W and above, the distortion can be as low as possible at 600W

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry I'm not sure. Hypex has some measurements but I don't know of any third party.

Last edited:

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think this is the 3rd thread asking about amplifiers for your speakers. :)
Vera Audio bridged Purifi 1000W at 4 ohms.

I was about to say the same thing. To the OP, as I said in the other thread, it sounds like you have an amp in mind and not really interested in what we have to say, just playing games until you get the answer you want. Go buy the amp you have decided on and enjoy it. You have to listen to your system, not us.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have an 《ik iloud》 speaker. The sound of this speaker is very accurate. It is DSP crossover + Class D amplification. I want to know that all D types have this sound characteristic? Precision, neutrality, leading edge and trailing edge are all great.
If a Class D amplifier drives HIFI passive speakers, does it still have neutral, clean, and transient sound characteristics? ? ?
Currently my speaker is HIEND-ELAC CONCENTRO.
I desperately need a power amplifier that is neutral, accurate, very good in transient, and 4Ω greater than 800W, and low distortion. However, NC1200, 4Ω700W is already 1% THD with high distortion, which is obviously inappropriate, and the power after AHB2 bridge is also not enough.
Please recommend it
Unsubscribe

egellings

Major Contributor
I think that at playback volumes that high, your ears will probably be distorting (bleeding) more than the amplifiers do.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Besides, crest factor of music is 10 to 20 dB. So your 800w amp will play at 8 to 80 Watt on averagely full volume. Distortion will be fine. Besides nr 2: 700 or 800W? The difference will be less than a dB.. it should be of no consequence..

Last edited:
Top Bottom