• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

R8ssweisse

Forum Donor
Does the dac8 stereo use different clocks for 44.1 KHz and 48 KHz systems?

poopy

You can use wires connection the pins on the XLR socket pin by pin accordingly. Just to make sure different channels are outputting the same output otherwise you would short out the outputs (won't do harm but you get low output level)

Can’t we just use a 4 to 1 XLR cable to connect the XLR sockets?

poopy

Just to make sure different channels are outputting the same output otherwise you would short out the outputs (won't do harm but you get low output level)

I may see a problem with that.The outputs are not exact duplicate of one single output since the digital-analogue conversion is done separately for each input.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I may see a problem with that.The outputs are not exact duplicate of one single output since the digital-analogue conversion is done separately for each input.
That’s the point. The intended signal is the same but the noise is different so uncorrelated noise averages out lowering the noise floor.

Reactions: mkt

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a photo of this anywhere with the top cover off? Swear I saw one somewhere but I can't find it anymore
post 644, half a page up ;-)

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
As you own the dac8 pro, I would really appreciate if you could confirm that option 3) does work?
I looked into it for you, but mine is so tightly nestled into the rack now that getting at those bits would be prohibitive.
Perhaps someone with a fresh stand alone one not yet 'embedded' could try it?
OR, WHEN/IF I get the correct, proper rack mount ears from Pavel I could do it then....

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As you own the dac8 pro, I would really appreciate if you could confirm that option 3) does work?
I haven’t received mine yet but looked at the manual. If appears that you can assign the same input to multiple outs, so that would be the simplest solution.

Last edited:

poopy

I looked into it for you, but mine is so tightly nestled into the rack now that getting at those bits would be prohibitive.
Perhaps someone with a fresh stand alone one not yet 'embedded' could try it?
OR, WHEN/IF I get the correct, proper rack mount ears from Pavel I could do it then....

No problem, thanks for having tried! :)

Top Bottom