• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The post in which Darko basically tells anyone who isn't a rich rube to ignore him and audiophilia in general

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sage words delivered in such a condescending, elitist fashion.

If you cut each section off before he says "unless very high end" or "unless very expensive", it's not bad advice.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There are actually 9 things to ignore the 9th being Dorko. Didn't think there are are people here that follow him and his "reviews".
Popped up on my YouTube home feed. Couldn't resist

North_Sky

Major Contributor
I like the guy; he's funny...a fun audio dude.

Feanor

Forum Donor
There are actually 9 things to ignore the 9th being Dorko. Didn't think there are are people here that follow him and his "reviews".
He did better on the things NOT to ignore, the biggest being, IMHO, the "mastering" i.e. recording and mastering are paramount over the distribution format. No equipment you've got is going to make a crappy recording sound good.

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
lol...the BS alarm started going off about 10 seconds in and did not stop.

"I shouldn't say I believe...my experience tells me everything makes a difference."

No, I think you had it right in the first place there mate. :D
" My wallet says , broaden your product promotion potential "

Fortune cookie material.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So this guy is still hawking $10k usb cables with "audible" differences. No doubt some hard drives impart a more "tube-like" quality to his "Hi-Res" digital files. :p

TimF

Forum Donor
Mr. Darko is looking pretty rough. The apartment is tidy though. He's pitching to people who lean toward obsessive-compulsive. Even if you disagree with just about everything he is pitching, you are a lost cause when you watch this shit because eventually you start buying into a deep and wide string of unstated presumptions that underlie the entire conversation. The unexamined presumptions that are the foundation of supposedly 'serious' talk/speech get taken in (by you as observer) even while you actively think you are discarding the chaff. You see, you have an unstated presumption that seriousness and earnestness can be trusted, or that it can lead to some clarity. There is a presumption that seriousness and earnestness is certainly better than naked women parading a product on a stage. And if there is seriousness--which is a posture--there is sincerity and the possibility of truth...or some kind of truth at some level) which hides the fact that the entire production down to the books in the bookcase, and the colors on the wall and the eyeglasses are a stage set and fraud. That is, even it it is shot in Darko's home and we see the true reality of Darko's home, the truth is Darko himself is lost in fashion and the current fads and glossy surfaces. We pick up cultural/social clues in how to portray ourselves. You cannot be nothing. You have to fabricate and construct yourself and so you pick and chose from the clues that engulf us. Heaven help the person who declares that he is above all that 'influence,' and who declares he is his own man. If the presentation or conversation makes sense to you and you can follow it, and it speaks in your terms, then you have subscribed to and live within the milieu of presumptions that are the foundation of that social/cultural clique that used such language. Just giving the pitchman your time and attention compromises you. I can hear you all saying "No me. I'm able to cut out the bullshit." Sure you are. You have to live in some milieu, and present yourself in the language of some milieu--if you aren't an actual schizotypal personality disorder person. The pitchman relies on the fact that you are caught up in the need to ascribe to some social clan, and so he leads you by the nose to sell you the clan that you aspire to...which always looks better than the one you are in now. The grass is greener on the next half-step up in the social hierarchy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom