• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch REW integration

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

zswjy

have a same problem as my friends, both can't select the speaker but can control the 8c from the computer.
any idea how to fix this?
IMG_4624.jpg

frangle

Forum Donor
have a same problem as my friends, both can't select the speaker but can control the 8c from the computer.
any idea how to fix this? View attachment 77404
It looks like there was an IPv6 fix in beta 59. On AV Nirvana some people were reporting difficulties using Macs but no issue with PC.

satbox

It looks like there was an IPv6 fix in beta 59. On AV Nirvana some people were reporting difficulties using Macs but no issue with PC.
I have the same issue! With my MacOS Catalina, impossible to see the 8c's in REW. With Windows, sometimes it works but quite rarely. Beta 59 does not solve the issue.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
REW sees them from my machine with no problem. Are you running the most recent 8C firmware? Is your computer's firewall allowing REW to accept incoming connections?

satbox

REW sees them from my machine with no problem. Are you running the most recent 8C firmware? Is your computer's firewall allowing REW to accept incoming connections?
Yes, of course, I'm running version 1.4.57 of D&D firmware and I have the issue even if the firewall is disabled. My network is OK, I can ping the speakers and see them via lanspeaker.

satbox

Hmm I wonder if it is an REW/MacOS issue. I am running High Sierra on my REW machine.

If REW refuses to see the speakers, you can just type in the filters, which is a minor chore. This is what I did pre-1.4.57, so I can post instructions if needed.
Yes, that's what I do, manually type in the filters (I'm a long time REW user ;)). I do not think that is a MAC OS issue because it does not work well with Windosws 10.

Kundroc

I tried both Windows 10 and MacOS (High Sierra) - REW recognizes the speakers on both systems. REW took a bit longer on MacOS, with a restart of REW in between, but eventually recognized them.

frangle

Forum Donor
Is it correct that the first part of the test tone always comes from the left speaker, even if you measure the right speaker?
Hmmm. I didn't notice that when I EQd mine today, though the results seem good. I was at my desk around the corner from my listening position while the tones were playing. I checked the loaded filter settings and what showed up in REW got loaded into the correct speaker and everything seemed to check out with another measurement after applying the filters.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it correct that the first part of the test tone always comes from the left speaker, even if you measure the right speaker?
Is it the timing signal, before the real test signal?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe that it is. A short high pitched tone that sounds again after the measurement.
What happens when you change this?
1601976277790.png

I've long been confused why this does not follow the speaker being measured. @JohnPM Does this matter?

Top Bottom