• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Toslink audio cut out issues with TV

turbotuff

Forum Donor
Has anyone had issues with Toslink audio through their LA-QXD1? I'm getting random cut-outs with mine, hooked via Toslink from my LG TV. Audio via USB is totally fine, however. And I know it's not the TV, as I just hooked up my old Schiit Modi 3 via Toslink and it was perfectly fine, with no cut-outs.

@Ben1987 can you help?

Ben1987

Audio Company
This may be due to an incompatibility problem with THE LG TV system, which our other TV systems do not have. Have you verified any other TV system?
Our optical fiber signal is received directly into the DAC chip, there is no extra circuit to interfere with it.

OP
turbotuff

turbotuff

Forum Donor
This may be due to an incompatibility problem with THE LG TV system, which our other TV systems do not have. Have you verified any other TV system?
Our optical fiber signal is received directly into the DAC chip, there is no extra circuit to interfere with it.
No, I haven't verified with other TV but I verified with a different DAC and it was perfectly fine.

OP
turbotuff

turbotuff

Forum Donor
Any thoughts? I'm also having an issue that if I leave my DAC on for an extended period, I have to unplug the power and plug it back in to get the USB input working. VERY FRUSTRATING. Are people having this issue too? I never had any issues with my Schiit Modi, this Soncoz was supposed to be an upgrade.

Ben1987

Audio Company
Any thoughts? I'm also having an issue that if I leave my DAC on for an extended period, I have to unplug the power and plug it back in to get the USB input working. VERY FRUSTRATING. Are people having this issue too? I never had any issues with my Schiit Modi, this Soncoz was supposed to be an upgrade.

origiri said:
Me too I'm also still experiencing this. Hope that we can get a fix soon.
adriano93 said:
Tested it right now a few days and the problem still exists for me.
Thanks @origiri @adriano93 very much for help in testing and feedback!This is a very difficult bug to catch, partly because of the time it takes to reproduce the problem, but also because it happens irregularly.We tried various things and finally solved this problem by updating XMOS's latest USB library functions.
Thank your guys again.
Upgrade as usual:
Download DFU files from HERE and after unzipping, you'll find two files“LA-QXD1 Maximum Volume with Hardware Control DFU_V410.bin” and “LA-QXD1 Minimum Volume DFU_V401.bin”.

Change log:2020-07-10
Fixed occasional no - output issues.
Notice:
1. "LA-QXD1 Minimum Volume DFU_V401.bin" is default factory firmware version and without hardware volume control;
2. “LA-QXD1 Maximum Volume with Hardware Control DFU_V410.bin” is max volume output firmware with hardware volume control;

OP
turbotuff

turbotuff

Forum Donor
I am still trying to find this model of TV to verify, it may take some time, I have verified on other models of TV and found no problem.
Other LG models? Very strange that it was no issue on any of my other DACs. Is my LA-QXD1 defective? This issue has been a bit of a deal breaker for this DAC.

Ben1987

Audio Company
Recently I have been testing the problem you have encountered with the toslink input problem, and have not found the phenomenon you have encountered. I am not using the TV model you use, so it is a little difficult to find the TV model you gave me. I will try to spend more time testing, where there is a TV motherboard or TV I want to buy one back to test.
I can not fond it in taobao

OP
turbotuff

turbotuff

Forum Donor
How do I update the firmware via my Mac computer?

dinglehoser

Forum Donor
Recently I have been testing the problem you have encountered with the toslink input problem, and have not found the phenomenon you have encountered. I am not using the TV model you use, so it is a little difficult to find the TV model you gave me. I will try to spend more time testing, where there is a TV motherboard or TV I want to buy one back to test.
I can not fond it in taobao

I'm also having this problem, using coax input from my MiniDSP SHD Studio. The sound cuts out more and more frequently over time; if you leave it for a few days, it won't work at all until you power cycle. I'm using the most current firmware (Max volume v410).

BadMorels

Has anyone had issues with Toslink audio through their LA-QXD1? I'm getting random cut-outs with mine, hooked via Toslink from my LG TV. Audio via USB is totally fine, however. And I know it's not the TV, as I just hooked up my old Schiit Modi 3 via Toslink and it was perfectly fine, with no cut-outs.

@Ben1987 can you help?

I have the same problem while connected to my LG TV. It cuts out randomly for a split second. Not really unbearable, but it's definitely annoying.

Top Bottom