• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

If costs wouldn`t matter , what would you buy ?

Archsam

I will buy a high end hifi shop with an amazing listening room. Then I can have all sorts of cool gears coming and going :cool:

dfuller

Major Contributor
Focal SM9's and a ton more acoustic treatment. I love the sound of Focal speakers. Bright but effortlessly so - lots of top but never harsh.
1596036815495.png

MRC01

Major Contributor
I'd get a bespoke custom built listening room: shape, floors, walls, ceiling, etc.
Move all my gear to the new room, set it up and enjoy!

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I would argue that a dedicated and optimized listening room is far more important than components with excessive "bling". Good components in a great room will sound far superior to million-dollar components in an average room.

TimW

Major Contributor
If costs wouldn't matter? I would have my own compound, or campus if that makes more sense.
1596039508821.png

I like a combo of brick and modern styling.

There would of course be a SOTA listening room somwhere on the premesis with only the best measuring equipment available.
1596040375433.png

I probably wouldn't choose these speakers or amps but they look nice.

There would also be an extremely overpriced esoteric listening room filled with audiophile nonsense picked purely based on aesthetics. I think that stuff looks cool. Should have horns, tubes, and vinyl.
1596040563590.png

There isn't enough boxes in this system, there should at least be outboard passive crossovers.
1596040694034.png

I also want the best recording studio in the world. All the most talented people will want to record there. My booth would have the best Genelec's or Neumann's money can buy of course.
1596039153213.png

Then there needs to be space for the artists to perform live so I would have an excellent concert hall. Once again this would attract the most talented performers to come visit my campus.
1596040992989.png

And of course an outdoor performance area for more raucous performances when the weather is nice.
1596039588323.png

I also like to dabble in DIY so I would have a great shop
1596041549686.png

And to verify my DIY designs and other equipment purchases I need the same Klippel and Audio Precision instrumentation as Amir of course. Would probably have an anechoic chamber as well just for the hell of it.
1596041691133.png

zelig

Forum Donor
I would buy a system that could play leaf blower, lawn mower, weed whacker, and power washer "music" at 140 db. It could be operated from a remote (safe) location and would also have a dawn-to-dusk (and vice versa) mode. My neighbors who believe that every sunny day is an invitation to make noise in their yards would be treated to many hours of this listening pleasure, as I am frequently to their delights.

I believe the FBI has such a system but I doubt they got theirs from Best Buy. Amazon maybe?

Last edited:

Archsam

If costs wouldn't matter? I would have my own compound, or campus if that makes more sense.
View attachment 75718
I like a combo of brick and modern styling.

There would of course be a SOTA listening room somwhere on the premesis with only the best measuring equipment available.
View attachment 75720
I probably wouldn't choose these speakers or amps but they look nice.

There would also be an extremely overpriced esoteric listening room filled with audiophile nonsense picked purely based on aesthetics. I think that stuff looks cool. Should have horns, tubes, and vinyl.
View attachment 75721
There isn't enough boxes in this system, there should at least be outboard passive crossovers.
View attachment 75722

I also want the best recording studio in the world. All the most talented people will want to record there. My booth would have the best Genelec's or Neumann's money can buy of course.
View attachment 75717

Then there needs to be space for the artists to perform live so I would have an excellent concert hall. Once again this would attract the most talented performers to come visit my campus.
View attachment 75726

And of course an outdoor performance area for more raucous performances when the weather is nice.
View attachment 75719

I also like to dabble in DIY so I would have a great shop
View attachment 75727

And to verify my DIY designs and other equipment purchases I need the same Klippel and Audio Precision instrumentation as Amir of course. Would probably have an anechoic chamber as well just for the hell of it.
View attachment 75729

Don't forget to include Jay Leno's garage, for when you need to get some fresh air after long listening sessions.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well, if cost doesn't matter, then I would happily waste money $22,000 to simply have a pretty cable sleeve.
fonoacousta.png

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd buy my own city, toss out the people I don't like and bring in some baristas and restauranteurs, then build a house with a good view and hidden speakers behind a "false" wall. Probably SoundLabs...

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, if cost doesn't matter, then I would happily waste money $22,000 to simply have a pretty cable sleeve.
View attachment 75742
And you would be right because according to Michael Fremer,
Armonico’s richness and romance were so pronounced that I found it easy to imagine many listeners immediately falling in love with them.

Yep! :D

He failed to mention how the soundstage was so clean that if it was as if, etched and carved, from a solid piece of metal...

Top Bottom