• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMPS for Audio Applications

maty

Major Contributor
I am struck by the Vishay MKP 1839 - HQ capacitor.

Vishay AC and Pulse Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitors MKP Axial Type
[PDF] https://www.vishay.com/docs/28162/mkp1839hq.pdf

MicroAudio-Cresnet-SMPS-Vishay-MKP-capacitor.jpg

Reactions: Luc
OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
Pre orders are accepted starting today for the SMPS1K-PFC, SMPS630G, SMPS630-SO.

And the SMPS500-CLA for class A amplifiers, only voltage available for this model is +-25Vdc.

Delivery in 45-60 days.

Discount applies for +3 Pcs, like free shipping and no PayPal fees.

This is a one time offer valid for 60 days, can be extended based on interest.

Thanks

capslock

Pre orders are accepted starting today for the SMPS1K-PFC, SMPS630G, SMPS630-SO.

And the SMPS500-CLA for class A amplifiers, only voltage available for this model is +-25Vdc.

Delivery in 45-60 days.

Discount applies for +3 Pcs, like free shipping and no PayPal fees.

This is a one time offer valid for 60 days, can be extended based on interest.

Thanks

Maybe I missed the memo, but where do we see prices and what the specs of those other models are?

About the 630 G, do we know what the remaining ripple and other noise is and how it compares to SMPS1200?

Also, it is recommended to have ample capacitors in between the supply and the amplifier against bus pumping which the spec sheet says happens with all class D amps. To my understanding, this is not the case with full bridge designs. Correct?

Also, having these extra caps is not recommended for the SMPS1200 because there is some primary side regulation. If that is the case for the SMPS1200 but not the 630 G, I suspect the 630 G will also have higher effective output capacitance. Correct?

Lastly, what about CE, VDE or UL certification?

Last edited:
OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
Maybe I missed the memo, but where do we see prices and what the specs of those other models are?

About the 630 G, do we know what the remaining ripple and other noise is and how it compares to SMPS1200?

Also, it is recommended to have ample capacitors in between the supply and the amplifier against bus pumping which the spec sheet says happens with all class D amps. To my understanding, this is not the case with full bridge designs. Correct?

Also, having these extra caps is not recommended for the SMPS1200 because there is some primary side regulation. If that is the case for the SMPS1200 but not the 630 G, I suspect the 630 G will also have higher effective output capacitance. Correct?

For the SMPS630-G the ripple value is based on load and can be anywhere 0.5V up to 2V. noise in idle is about 25m~ 40mv.

For the full-bridge class-d, yes you are right you don't need extra capacitors, I have to update that in the datasheet, Thanks!

I am still confused about the SMPS1200 you are referring to, I don't have SMPS1200, maybe you are referring to the SMPS1K-PFC?

SMPS630-G can take up to 15000uF extra capacitance per rail.

SMPS has CE marking only, no UL no VDE.

I can send you a PM for pricing if you are interested because every deal has its own free items based on the quantity.

Thank you

capslock

Thanks for your quick reply. CE is already good. Is ripple and noise the same for you? My understanding is that ripple = 2x the switching frequency, noise = everything else.

I was referring to the Hypex SMPS1200A400. If the 630-G was designed for use with the 1ET400, we should compare it to the PS they use in their reference design.

PM is fine, I'd just like to have an idea of what your product lineup is, as I have several different applications in mind.

OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company

I just would like to correct one thing, HYPEX SMPS1200 has NO primary regulation, my SMPS1K-PFC has the voltage regulated at the primary
side.

Thanks

maty

Major Contributor
Which model(s)? SMPS630-G, SMPS1K-PFC or...

OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
Introducing the new SMPS models

SMPS630-S single output SMPS 45VDC ~ 83VDC

SMPS500-CLA for class-A amplifiers with +-24.5VDC can take extra capacitance up to 35000uF extra per rail

SMPS420L-PFC for chip amplifiers with +-35VDC (With PFC front end)

Stay tuned

Attachments

• SMPS630-S.png
    SMPS630-S.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot_20200822-013430_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200822-013430_Photos.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 275
Top Bottom