• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Random Technical Picture Upload Thread

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Difference between a center speaker and two speakers creating such a phantom image:

upload_2017-6-16_18-41-58.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Some of your fuses are upside-down.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What's that gizmo?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There is an electric step that moves in and out when you open/close the sliding door on the van. It has stopped working even though I hear the motor running. Folks are saying there is a set screw inside that shaft that comes loose which is connected to the motor shaft. Problem is, I can't see any set screws. So took the picture asking what they are seeing that I am not.

Wayne

Forum Donor
It appears we are looking at the end of the shaft. Could the set screw be 90 degrees to the axle?

It does not appear to be a spline fit. But if so, the axle may have moved to the rear of the picture.

Just my $0.02

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That's a good point Wayne. I did not think about that being the end of the shaft.

I will crawl under with that in mind and see if i can discover where the set screw might be on the side.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That was it. The set screw was on the side. Problem is, there is no clearance to get a tool in there to turn that set screw. I am worried the only solution is to drop the whole thing to work on it. :(

The darn thing is under warranty too but they can't see me for another 3 weeks!

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That was it. The set screw was on the side. ...
If you do it yourself, it looks like the sprocket might have slipped along the motor shaft. It's very close to the end plate.
Check the alignment of the chain before you tighten the setscrew.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It does not appear to be a spline fit.

I think I see a flat on the shaft, can't see the interior of the sprocket at that angle..

the sprocket might have slipped along the motor shaft. It's very close to the end plate.
Check the alignment of the chain before you tighten the setscrew.

Yes.

You may have to turn it some to realign the shaft and sprocket, to get the sprocket back down where it (probably) belongs.

Top Bottom