• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

If costs wouldn`t matter , what would you buy ?

Kling75

Forum Donor
5048353995_0_g.jpg

OP
Kling75

Kling75

Forum Donor
Nice !

Did you had the chance to listen to it (CanJam) ?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Yes, listened to one in a quiet environment for about half an hour (not at Canjam)

DChenery

Forum Donor
Guess I'm a man of slightly simpler tastes than some. Ignoring the room (cause if you have money the room is a given and rather uninteresting), my system would be:

1.0 CD Transport - OPPO BD 105
2.0 Ripping software - dbPowerAmp
3.0 Computer - Intel NUC 9 (or latest version depending on date)
4.0 Router - Asus Rapture (latest version)
4.0 Storage - Qnap TS Series NAS with Intel Optane SSDs
5.0 Cables - Mogani gold
6.0 DAC/Preamp - Benchmark DAC 3 HGC
7.0 Amps - Benchmark AHB2's
8.0 Speakers - KEF Blades
9.0 Sources - Ripped CD's (but have someone else to do it for you and add in all applicable metadata). Spotify for identify what to buy / rip.
10.0 Player Software - Foobar (cause it is just cool)
11.0 Headphones - STAX SR-009S
12.0 IEM's - Stereo Pravda SB-7

Cable lifters and "All that Jazz" - none

Only audio component I have not seen/heard in this MtDream system are the KEF Blades. Selected these on discussions (late nights involving Bourbon) with a friend of a friend (whos' opinion I highly respect and has auditioned alot of "high end" equiptment), as they are the only speakers he has ever raved about.

Kouioui

Forum Donor
@dallasjustice has the gear and room I'd go for if money wasn't a concern. Maybe have a more comfortable chair and better cable management. He hasn't posted for a while so it would be interesting if anything major has changed in what he's now using.

Robin L

Master Contributor
A better guitar.

Midwest Blade

Interesting to ponder...might consider upgrading to a better cd player in my main system, not sure which one at the moment. I am hoping to keep this system running for many more years - Quad ESL speakers, 34/405-2 pre and power amp.

In my second (condo) system, I would do the full switch with a pair of Revel bookshelf speakers(the 105's have been on my mind lately), a new Yamaha A-S1200 intergrated amp in silver, maybe one of their upper end cd players. Bit of a Yamaha fan boy (not sure if that is allowed to say at ASR :)).

Daverz

Major Contributor
Aside from a detached home with a dedicated listening room, I would go on a speaker buying spree just to try a lot of different designs.

Last edited:

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Guess I'm a man of slightly simpler tastes than some. Ignoring the room (cause if you have money the room is a given and rather uninteresting), my system would be:

1.0 CD Transport - OPPO BD 105
2.0 Ripping software - dbPowerAmp
3.0 Computer - Intel NUC 9 (or latest version depending on date)
4.0 Router - Asus Rapture (latest version)
4.0 Storage - Qnap TS Series NAS with Intel Optane SSDs
5.0 Cables - Mogani gold
6.0 DAC/Preamp - Benchmark DAC 3 HGC
7.0 Amps - Benchmark AHB2's
8.0 Speakers - KEF Blades
9.0 Sources - Ripped CD's (but have someone else to do it for you and add in all applicable metadata). Spotify for identify what to buy / rip.
10.0 Player Software - Foobar (cause it is just cool)
11.0 Headphones - STAX SR-009S
12.0 IEM's - Stereo Pravda SB-7

Cable lifters and "All that Jazz" - none

Only audio component I have not seen/heard in this MtDream system are the KEF Blades. Selected these on discussions (late nights involving Bourbon) with a friend of a friend (whos' opinion I highly respect and has auditioned alot of "high end" equiptment), as they are the only speakers he has ever raved about.

The KEF Blades are very good, but IMHO they really need subwoofers for the 20-40Hz octave. Lower for HT use.

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I’m with @Daverz. I’d probably get a couple high end revels and maybe a pair of Purifi monos for reference and then spend the next 50 years listening to everything that caught my fancy.

Top Bottom