• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Illtrick

It's sharing the same "LinkPlay" technology as AudioCast M5. See my comment HERE.
With any wifi connected thing you're also paying for the support. I've got a bit of commercial experience in wifi and bluetooth connected devices, hardware settles down in time but software and firmware can be a constantly moving target. For example spotify can at any time make a change to their services that require you to decide "limit/stop supporting" or "spend money (time & resources)" and when the product is more than 12-18 months old companies who sold their product for bare minimum margins often chose the former path.

PuX

I wonder why they bothered to update it.

E30 is a bit better and if they sold it without the remote the price would be very similar.

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I wonder why they bothered to update it.

30 is a bit better and if they sold it without the remote the price would be very similar.
First major reason was the fake D10 situation.
Then D10 is just a unique model. It's very different in featuresand has different balancing point in different aspects.
D10s would be much more expensive if there are all the functions and aesthetic of E30. It's just a dac in a very simple form. But you also get swappable opamps which some people like. You also get es9038q2m which many people also values over ak4493. It's also the only model with digital outputs.
Hence in many ways D10/D10s is unique.
At the end of the day more options are given. People make their choices.

jeffbook

Is there any information on the relative performance of the D10s versus the D10 when using both units as an USB to Coaxial or TOSlink converter for those of us who use it in this manner?

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Also really cool to see repurposed SPDIF I/O, really wish DAC makers would start differentiating themselves like this with better and more I/O offerings like this.
Indeed. I am considering getting a D10s so that I can feed my RME a coax signal. I can then use the USB on the RME as an output for recording. Nice feature of the RME is that the USB can be configured as either an input or an output. Does this D10S require a Windows Driver to be downloaded so that it can be used with Windows Media Player? So if this little D10S device comes equipped with digital outputs with no known detriments, I wonder if Berkeley's $1700 device to convert USB to coax will stop selling? Has the Choo Choo ever been to Chattanooga . . .

PuX

It's also the only model with digital outputs.
ok, I didn't realise E30 only has digital inputs instead of outputs. that is indeed pretty unique for D10, can't think of many other DACs with digital outputs.

Tks

Major Contributor
Indeed. I am considering getting a D10s so that I can feed my RME a coax signal. I can then use the USB on the RME as an output for recording. Nice feature of the RME is that the USB can be configured as either an input or an output. Does this D10S require a Windows Driver to be downloaded so that it can be used with Windows Media Player? So if this little D10S device comes equipped with digital outputs with no known detriments, I wonder if Berkeley's $1700 device to convert USB to coax will stop selling? Has the Choo Choo ever been to Chattanooga . . .

The USB can be used as output? How just wondering? I thought it was strictly digital input?

AudioStudies

The USB can be used as output? How just wondering? I thought it was strictly digital input?
See page 10 of the manual, Section 5.6 Digital Recording. Hopefully we have the same edition of the manual, and that I have interpreted that correctly.

Reactions: Tks

cap1980

Так что же происходит? Является ли топпинг d10s лучше, чем топинг d50s для parmaters? Измерения d10 лучше?

cap1980

Если мне не нужен пульт и
Bluetooth. d50s можно продать? Где это лучше?

Sak

Так что же происходит? Является ли топпинг d10s лучше, чем топинг d50s для parmaters? Измерения d10 лучше? Если мне не нужен пульт и
Bluetooth. d50s можно продать? Где это лучше
In english please.
По измерениям лучше. Но немного разные устройства. Менять свой д50 особого смысла не вижу, вы все равно не услышите между ними разницу. Только если эстетически больше нравится оранжевый дисплей и маленький размер, с питанием от usb

confucius_zero

I guess this D10s cancels the Atom DAC completely...

Sak

Today received D10s. Subjectively, the sound becomes a little brighter and sharper at the same volume than the e30. But if listen for a long time, then the difference is no longer obvious. But when switching quickly, it feels. In any case, it is subjective.
Very satisfied this baby.

photo_2020-07-27_15-24-10 (2).jpg

Top Bottom