• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ananda needs amplifier?

NoFun4U

I used portable player previously (Sony wm1a) and recently got a hifiman ananda. right now, I used wm1a 4.4 port to drive ananda (at around volume 55 high gain) and is generally satisfied. I was thinking if a deckstop dac and amplifier (around usd 300 to 500) would improve the sound (especially on the imaging and soundstage).
i am looking at smsl m200 + sp200, smsl m500, topping dx7pro. which one is better?
is it ok for me to connect my sony wm1a > otg cable > usb a to usb b cable > dac?

Peib

I used portable player previously (Sony wm1a) and recently got a hifiman ananda. right now, I used wm1a 4.4 port to drive ananda (at around volume 55 high gain) and is generally satisfied. I was thinking if a deckstop dac and amplifier (around usd 300 to 500) would improve the sound (especially on the imaging and soundstage).
i am looking at smsl m200 + sp200, smsl m500, topping dx7pro. which one is better?
is it ok for me to connect my sony wm1a > otg cable > usb a to usb b cable > dac?
DX7 PRO i would choose

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I was thinking if a deckstop dac and amplifier (around usd 300 to 500) would improve the sound (especially on the imaging and soundstage).

Why would imaging and sounstage change ? What are the electrical properties in a DAC/amp combo that would improve on these aspects and why would the wm1a be poor at it ?

Top Bottom