• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

origiri

So you said your signal chain worked before your 789 came in which sounds like the 789 is the issue. At least from a logic standpoint that sounds like right. You know, if it works do "fix" it. I know that is not much help to you, and I wish I could find a solution that would fix the issue for anyone else having it, but I seems to have found a way to resolve the issue for myself.

No, I'm saying that for my case, with or without the 789, I have the same issue with the dac not outputting sound sometimes despite the PC showing that it is sending a signal to the dac

VielenDanke

No, I'm saying that for my case, with or without the 789, I have the same issue with the dac not outputting sound sometimes despite the PC showing that it is sending a signal to the dac

Have you tried using the DAC when plugged into a smartphone? When I was having the same issue I tried using the DAC hooked up to my phone through USB. The DAC worked flawlessly for me when I did this. If the DAC works when connected to your phone without dropping the signal, then you can rule out the DAC or the USB cable being either broken/malfunctioning.

MondoAudio

@amirm I'm not sure who is maintaining the data behind the awesome Audio Electronics Reviews and Measurements Index, but this device doesn't appear to be loading in the results.

porotikos

well, i have been watching this thread. this problem of not outputing sound, is happening to me with khadas. not often to be honest. but once it happen, i unplugged the usb and all got fixed. Until yesterday. i received an error about having a driver fault. i reinstalled drivers. actually i reinstalled the latest soncoz exe. it is playing great with khadas, buuuut.
since today, playback has stopped at least 3-4 times. and i get an unrecoverable error that asio buffers couldnt be created. only changing the usb port, fixes this.
i post this in this thread, because it could help Ben with finding a fix?

I'm also using a 789 connected to this DAC via balanced interconnects, and I haven't had it just stop outputting audio while my PC is on. Do you have the amp set to the correct input?

Brab

My amp has single-ended inputs but I have both single-ended interconnects and balanced to single-ended interconnects. Is there any advantage to using this DAC's balanced outputs going into single-ended inputs or should I just use the single-ended interconnects?

hyp

Hello, this is my first post in this forum!

Measurement wise, isn't there nothing that can beat this around it's price range?
Also, are this sold out or are they still in stock? I just want to be sure before purchasing.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Hello, this is my first post in this forum!

Measurement wise, isn't there nothing that can beat this around it's price range?
Also, are this sold out or are they still in stock? I just want to be sure before purchasing.
Welcome to the forum.
Schiit Modius perhaps? Features and performance are similar but not quite identical. It may come down to feature you need, or price/availability in your part of the world. Or just which you like the look of. Message @Sophia Ann about availability.

hyp

I just checked out the Schiit Modius, and it's really similar to the QXD1 as you said. But the Modius doesn't decode DSD unfortunately. And I listen to DSD from time to time, so I think I'll stick to Soncoz.
Thanks for the reply! :D

NOS4A2

Is there a Brian who lives in York, Ontario, Canada who recently bought a silver QXD1?

I think your DAC just arrived at my door and mine, a black one, will arrive at yours this Friday.

Please send me a PM so we can sort this out without having to send the DACs back to Ann.

Brab

Is there a Brian who lives in York, Ontario, Canada who recently bought a silver QXD1?

I think your DAC just arrived at my door and mine, a black one, will arrive at yours this Friday.

Please send me a PM so we can sort this out without having to send the DACs back to Ann.
Yes!

I will send you a PM in the morning.

Veri

Master Contributor

Yes!

I will send you a PM in the morning.
Nice :)

adriano93

Download DFU files from HERE and after unzipping, you'll find two files“LA-QXD1 Maximum Volume with Hardware Control DFU_V304.bin” and “LA-QXD1 Minimum Volume DFU_V303.bin”.

Change log:2020-06-18
Fixed occasional no - output issues.
Notice:
1. "LA-QXD1 Minimum Volume DFU_V303.bin" is default factory firmware version and without hardware volume control;
2. “LA-QXD1 Maximum Volume with Hardware Control DFU_V304.bin” is max volume output firmware with hardware volume control;
Tested it right now a few days and the problem still exists for me. Connection cut off, i see DAC active, but no sound. Only power plug in and plug out solve the problem for me... This is really annoying, because i want to use this DAC for watching TV...

Kane1972

There is no such thing as DAC chip 'tonality'. Don't be fooled by anecdotal 'evidence'...

One thing I don't get is, if all DAC chips sound the same (as long as specs are close), why would there be any need for more than one manufacturer? Price, of course, if someone can make one that sounds just as good for less, but the prices seem to be consistent too.

Kane1972

I currently do not own a 2-channel set-up but rather many good headphones. Of course you're going to tell me next that my transducers are simply not good enough to discern these differences that you hear and I do not :)
Well, I can say that most professional mixers do not trust headphone for mixing the low end, even if the low end on some headphones can still go low and sound nice, they are generally not truthful enough in the bottom end as monitors. I mix in headphones but have learned how to interpret the low end in them and how that will translate to speaker systems etc. So it is possible that your headphones are not letting you hear what someone on a good set of speakers are hearing.

Veri

Master Contributor
One thing I don't get is, if all DAC chips sound the same (as long as specs are close), why would there be any need for more than one manufacturer?
If there'd be one manufacturer, they can dictate the price :p thankfully, there is market competition for good products at good prices :)

origiri

Tested it right now a few days and the problem still exists for me. Connection cut off, i see DAC active, but no sound. Only power plug in and plug out solve the problem for me... This is really annoying, because i want to use this DAC for watching TV...

Me too I'm also still experiencing this. Hope that we can get a fix soon.

Top Bottom