• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Noise is only 0.25uV.

I can confirm that it is less than 0.4uv-Less than Apx555B's NoiseFloor

In such a measurement, it will be very sensitive to environmental interference, etc.-I will confirm it again after I move to my garage

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I can confirm that it is less than 0.4uv-Less than Apx555B's NoiseFloor

In such a measurement, it will be very sensitive to environmental interference, etc.-I will confirm it again after I move to my garage
I just measured it right before the post. I had the volume all the way down and no input connected. When I had the input connected it turns into around 0.3uV but not stable reading. It's indeed lower than 0.4uV nonetheless.
You haven't mentioned the noise measurements method yet. I think I need shorter cables as well.

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
I just measured it right before the post. I had the volume all the way down and no input connected. When I had the input connected it turns into around 0.3uV but not stable reading. It's indeed lower than 0.4uV nonetheless.
You haven't mentioned the noise measurements method yet. I think I need shorter cables as well.

You know, I am very conservative. I can see 0.3X or even 0.2Xuv-in some cases. But I think the stable measurement value I can conservatively say is less than 0.4uv.

I also need to customize the short cable-lol

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
You know, I am very conservative. I can see 0.3X or even 0.2Xuv-in some cases. But I think the stable measurement value I can conservatively say is less than 0.4uv.

I also need to customize the short cable-lol
Without input cables it doesn't go over 0.26uV.

iamwhoiam

It's not me that don't want to give permission first of all. It's complying to the whole plan.
Then the unit is really close to the final unit. Only a couple of cosmetic detail differences(not overall appearance or design) and that's it. Same power supply will be used, same board except for the LED for indication will be used, same power outputs, same performance.
As Wolf has said it, 33Ohm(32ohm) power is 2.2W(2.3W) both channel driven. It goes to 2.4W with single channel driven. 16ohm power is 2.8W both channel driven and 3.9W single channel driven. Ok I let it out. (All power numbers are with distortion less than 0.001%)
More to come.
Will it be AC or DC supply? If DC, then perhaps there is scope to improve with even lower noise etc.
(Probably not required though given the baseline performance!!)

Last edited:

odyo

Yuno

I'm not a big fan of (what seems like) reflective front panel, but I guess it is made this way to fit in with E30. Looks good otherwise.

Migel83

It looks not bad.I prefer to see a balanced output as suppliment.I think it was not possible to made of the Budget.

Top Bottom