• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Uptone refusing to sell me ISO Regen!!!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I had someone contact me asking me if I would measure the Uptone ISO Regen for them. So after much aggravation on their site due to poor ecommerce integration with Paypal (it would just dump me out of the window with no error), I managed to get my order in last week.

Imagine my surprise when I received this notice of refund from them with no note or nothing as to why:

----
Well, what do you know.... I am at LA audio show and woke up this morning to an email from Uptone saying my money for this device is refunded!

---

Order summary

ISO REGEN × 1
With 7.5V/2.9A worldwide-voltage compatible switching power supply. / Standard for normal horizontal REGEN position $325.00

Subtotal $325.00
Shipping $9.00
Total $334.00 USD

Visa (ending in XXXX) $334.00
Refund
Shopify_payments - $334.00

----

Can you believe these people? Not only do they not provide measurements of their own, they want to stop others from doing the same.

EDIT: A kind friend of the forum purchased a unit and loaned it to me. Measurements and Review of ISO Regen here: http://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...ptone-iso-regen-review-and-measurements.1829/

Last edited:

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think you should post that information EVERYWHERE!

iridium.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had someone contact me asking me if I would measure the Uptone ISO Regen for them. So after much aggravation on their site due to poor ecommerce integration with Paypal (it would just dump me out of the window with no error), I managed to get my order in last week.

Imagine my surprise when I received this notice of refund from them with no note or nothing as to why:

----
Well, what do you know.... I am at LA audio show and woke up this morning to an email from Uptone saying my money for this device is refunded!

---

Order summary

ISO REGEN × 1
With 7.5V/2.9A worldwide-voltage compatible switching power supply. / Standard for normal horizontal REGEN position $325.00

Subtotal $325.00
Shipping $9.00
Total $334.00 USD

Visa (ending in XXXX) $334.00
Refund
Shopify_payments - $334.00

----

Can you believe these people? Not only do they not provide measurements of their own, they want to stop others from doing the same.

Could be that they are waiting on enough orders to turn into whatever outfit it is that they have doing tape out. The site says end of June and maybe they just are canceling orders for now.

Try again at the end of the month when their site shows availability.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Maybe whatever...

upload_2017-6-2_14-25-27.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Could be that they are waiting on enough orders to turn into whatever outfit it is that they have doing tape out. The site says end of June and maybe they just are canceling orders for now.

Try again at the end of the month when their site shows availability.
You think they would have given a reason in the email?
It would have been easier to disable the sites order cart?

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It's times like this I wish I hadn't been banned, but then I'd just get banned again. LOL
What it boils down to is two cowards afraid to put their product where there mouth is, a simple deduction on which we tried to give them the benefit of a doubt over. So much for good deeds.

Look out Fitz, I got banned for a whole lot less than what you just posted. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
No. Alex stated he's willing to sell the item to other reviews who do measurements, just not to Amir.
He'll only share his product with those he believes will "see things his way".

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No. Alex stated he's willing to sell the item to other reviews who do measurements, just not to Amir.

John Atkinson:

Sad to report, I found that the Regen made absolutely no difference in the D/A processors' analog output signals. With one exception: the levels of the power-supply–related spuriae in the Prime's output when powered by its wall wart were slightly higher in level with the Regen than without it.
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/uptone-audio-usb-regen-measurements#0szxGaqcjjATqQYZ.99

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Alex also said he would blind A/B his own product when I asked him.

tomelex

Forum Donor
getting banned from wbf is a good thing imo.

tomelex

Forum Donor
John Atkinson:

Sad to report, I found that the Regen made absolutely no difference in the D/A processors' analog output signals. With one exception: the levels of the power-supply–related spuriae in the Prime's output when powered by its wall wart were slightly higher in level with the Regen than without it.
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/uptone-audio-usb-regen-measurements#0szxGaqcjjATqQYZ.99

interesting, some wbf members deluding themselves as usual, Why Be Factual = WBF

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
True. My association with you and your Avatar has me doomed forever! :D :D

I have kept quiet so far................................about the avatar.

I knew it immediately of course. I also consider of all the cool avatars that Thomas has used this is the best one by far. It is Donald Sutherland's finest role after all.

Top Bottom