• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Hifi review of the Focal kanta No.3 with measurements!

tuga

Major Contributor
Even What Hifi is doing measurements now.

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/focal-kanta-no3

They're using the Australian Hi-Fi (Newport Test Labs) magazine measurements which has just been bought by the group:

QyVBUEv9PMXAbuzVbknDVQ-650-80.png

If you click the avhub.com.au link it leads you to the WHF? page.

edechamps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
LOL - their attemept to sound technical is simply patehtic. :facepalm:

I especially like the part where they, and I quote, "show the high-frequency performance of the Focal Kanta No.3 in extreme detail" while off-axis responses are nowhere to be found… as always, Wat HiFi shows outstanding understanding of priorities here.

I'm being facetious here, but I guess I should at least acknowledge they are taking steps in the right direction. Baby steps though…

QMuse

Major Contributor
I especially like the part where they, and I quote, "show the high-frequency performance of the Focal Kanta No.3 in extreme detail" while off-axis responses are nowhere to be found… as always, Wat HiFi shows outstanding understanding of priorities here.

I'm being facetious here, but I guess I should at least acknowledge they are taking steps in the right direction. Baby steps though…

Let me disagree here. While it may seem they are taking steps in the right direction it is only becasue they slowly begin to understand that era of subjective bullshit is over, but they certainly don't seem to understand that the long road ahead of them is to fully understand the acoustic science, which in their case seems like "mission impossible" to me. ;)

Last edited:

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, in a world with a dearth of any measurements at all, I'm sure glad to see these! Huzzah! For instance, I can see the impedance and judge versus my amps. I can see the port is tuned a hair below 40 Hz (good on the one hand though personally with large speakers like these I'd want more like 30 Hz). We can see the speakers are pretty smooth. So even if it's true we don't see off axis measurements, this is SO much better than nothing! Hopefully it heralds a bit of a competitive era where sites will have to start to show measurements and graphs. Then again we have Sound and Vision which acknowledged my suggestion to show AVR power in a dBW "power droop" graph as a good idea...and then dumped measurements entirely :rolleyes:

Top Bottom