• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec and AES67/Ravenna

Music1969

Major Contributor
Hi @Ilkka Rissanen

I know the 8430A IP are AES67/Ravenna compatible.

You don't need to give any timeline but does Genelec have plans to extend AES67/Ravenna to more models?

For example subwoofers?

This would remove the need for AES3 XLR cables completely and just have Cat 6 cable between all monitors and subs.

OP
M

Music1969

Major Contributor
Hi,

There are already more speakers featuring Smart IP technology published, namely 4420A and 4430A which sit in our AV install range of products. More products will be announced once they are ready.

https://www.genelec.com/smart-ip

Thanks. Those are great but lack of matching Ravenna subwoofers is an issue (for me).

Hoping for subs to come soon!

Michel Forbes

How would the Merging+Anubis work with non-AES67/Ravenna Genelec devices? Would you plug the GLM adapter into an ethernet router connected to the Merging+Anubis and your Mac/PC?

For demanding AV applications, our growing range of Smart IP loudspeaker models support Ravenna and Dante-compatible AES67 streams. Smart IP employs uncompressed low-latency audio streaming directly into each loudspeaker, with loudspeaker synchronisation to sub-microsecond level for solid acoustic imaging.

So if the I/O of the GLM support AES67, that should work to distribute from the Anubis.

jnak

I see. Does GLM and/or Genelec speakers support AES67? They have a Cat5 sockets that say "AES/EBU", but I could not find any reference online or in the manuals about AES67 specifically. They could very well only support AES50 for example. Is AES67 implied when they say AES/EBU?

Trell

Major Contributor
I see. Does GLM and/or Genelec speakers support AES67? They have a Cat5 sockets that say "AES/EBU", but I could not find any reference online or in the manuals about AES67 specifically. They could very well only support AES50 for example. Is AES67 implied when they say AES/EBU?

For this question I think it's better to just ask Genelec support. In my experience they are quite responsive.

jnak

Got it. I thought you knew since you posted about the merging+anubis in this thread.

jnak

Yeah sorry I thought you were Micheal. Apologies for the confusion

Michel Forbes

For this question I think it's better to just ask Genelec support. In my experience they are quite responsive.
Sorry for the late reply.
The Genelec 8430 are compatible Ravenna and AES67, so yes , it's possible to use them with the Anubis in an AoIP configuration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom