• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Live Albums

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Still a BIG improvement over the Pulse DVD. It was hard to file thru all that smoke.

480 lines versus 1080 (i). → http://www.dvdmoviecentral.com/ReviewsText/pink_floyd_pulse.htm

Video **1/2

"The video quality leaves something to be desired, but is not so poor so as to ruin the concert or to prevent me from recommending this concert to viewers. Now and then it is remarkably poor, with obvious splotchiness during the many dark sequences. I am not sure but it appears that it was shot on video instead of film. In a recent interview, David Gilmour explained that it was concerns with the video quality that delayed release of the concert. But the problems are here and there, the exception rather than the rule.
"

NorthSky

Major Contributor
40923_large.jpg

This ↑ better picture quality, on Blu.

And this too ↓

65784_large.jpg

* You can click ↑ on them both cover pictures for a brief video quality's assessment, which I agree with, mainly.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Mark Chestnutt - Your Room AIX Records 86061 3D BluRay
Recorded in HDA and 3D video, one of country musics biggest stars performs
many of his greatest hits. Fantastic sound quality, this is an unusual opportunity to
get a audiophile 5.1 recording of one of today's top country artists.
Also available is a 2 channel 24/96 download of the recording.
http://www.aixrecords.com/catalog/bd_3d/mark_chesnutt_bd_3d.html

mc.jpg

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Chick Corea, great mention Tom. Some of his albums, the people he contributed/played with, the music, the jazz, the melodies, essentially sublime ♫
did you recomend this in another thread bob? i dont know what made me buy it, might be the fact it has Christian mcbride on bass though can't remember:oops: only got it today too, must be losing my marbles.

blood good though, three discs to boot. :)

its what its all about!

JoeWhip

I was able to snag Trilogy for about $17 right after it came out in 24/96. Fantastic sound and playing. I could do without the singing of Mrs. Corea however. The pure trio stuff is fantastic.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
No Tom, I did not mention Chick Corea, or even Herbie Hancock or John Abercrombie . But I did mention Keith Jarrett, right here in this very thread.
We're talking real creative Jazz here from some of the highest calibrated musicians.

Chick Corea for people who aren't familiar with his music evolution, among the other names I just mentioned in my above line; this is spiritual advancement, enlightenment towards higher grounds. ...Live or in studio.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
No Tom, I did not mention Chick Corea, or even Herbie Hancock or John Abercrombie . But I did mention Keith Jarrett, right here in this very thread.
We're talking real creative Jazz here from some of the highest calibrated musicians.

Chick Corea for people who aren't familiar with his music evolution, among the other names I just mentioned in my above line; this is spiritual advancement, enlightenment towards higher grounds. ...Live or in studio.
i like Bud powell, sounds like Chick Corea is a fan too.

Bill Evans is my favorite guy though... by a million miles.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Elton John - Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra 1987
Elton John together with Bernie Taupin have written music that defined a generation.
This live album is a compilation of all their best songs released before 1987.
I consider myself very privileged to have seen him in concert at least twice, maybe more? ;)

NorthSky

Major Contributor
i like Bud powell, sounds like Chick Corea is a fan too.

Bill Evans is my favorite guy though... by a million miles.

Why are you suddenly starting to mention some of the great names in Jazz Tom? It's live or it's in the recording studio...

MI0000313643.jpg

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Why are you suddenly starting to mention some of the great names in Jazz Tom? It's live or it's in the recording studio...

View attachment 635
them be the guys i like:) if you listen you can hear their souls, all the pain and all the joy coming out ya speakers bob:) that s why i love Bill evens, its all in there you just got to know it to recognise it. .

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Bill Evans, ...great Jazz piano player. ...Smooth jazz ♫ http://www.billevans.nl/
yea i keyed into his introspective lyricism, i had him playing one day while doing other things and suddenly realized how gut wrenchingly beautiful his playing was.

Ronm1

This, I believe, has been mentioned before
'Midnight Sugar'. Not necessarily a live recording but TMK a one take studio gem on TBM, with excellent piano sound. This does give the session that live feel of spontaneity or you are there.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
This, I believe, has been mentioned before
'Midnight Sugar'. Not necessarily a live recording but TMK a one take studio gem on TBM, with excellent piano sound. This does give the session that live feel of spontaneity or you are there.

This Ron?

OP
Ron Party

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
Front15-300x300.jpg

Stomu Yamash'ta, Steve Winwood, Michael Shrieve, Klaus Schulze & Al Di Meola. Great fusion.

Top Bottom