• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Element i USB DAC & Streamer Review

Inkey31

Forum Donor
Anyone wondering the difference between the MA models. I reached out to the vendor directly and this is what they sent over.

The said the HP amp on the M is almost the same as the I, they said the M "performs better under limit conditions". I have no clue what limit conditions means.

firedog

The said the HP amp on the M is almost the same as the I, they said the M "performs better under limit conditions". I have no clue what limit conditions means.
I believe they mean at the performance extremes.

Music1969

Major Contributor
But it has not passed ROON Ready certification.

Hi, a few questions.

1. Can you share update on Roon Ready certification?

2. Can you add support for HQPlayer NAA (endpoint, not server) for ethernet input ?

3. What is the same of external DC power input? 5.5mm x 2.1mm connector?

4. Does this work with Audirvana? I know DLNA is supported but what about UPnP like Audirvana?

Last edited:

firedog

Hi, a few questions.

2. Can you add support for HQPlayer NAA (endpoint, not server) for ethernet input ?

4. Does this work with Audirvana? I know DLNA is supported but what about UPnP like Audirvana?

firedog

1. Doesn't have it, doesn't really matter. It works perfectly with Roon without issue.
2. No.

Music1969

Major Contributor
1. Doesn't have it, doesn't really matter. It works perfectly with Roon without issue.
2. No.

These questions are for Matrix.

I’m not asking if it currently works with HQP. I’m asking if support can be added.

Only they can answer. If it’s a Linux based streaming card inside it should be quite simple..

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
Hi, a few questions.

Hello Music1969
1. Matrix passed all the technical tests over the past weeks, now the marketing guys from ROONlabs will start to finish the certificate this week.
2. We have no plan onHQPlayer NAA currently.
3. Not understand your question,, did you meant the connector demention specs? Yes it's 5.5mm x 2.1mm
4. Sorry I am not understand this question, can you specify it?

Music1969

Major Contributor
3. Not understand your question,, did you meant the connector demention specs? Yes it's 5.5mm x 2.1mm

Thanks. Yes, connector specs, if I want to use external power supply (like a 12Vdc battery).

4. Sorry I am not understand this question, can you specify it?

Can you test this music player (30 days free trial) and confirm if it can play directly to Elemement i ethernet input?

https://audirvana.com

This program can play to UPnP devices but I'm not sure if Element i is a UPnP renderer? I only see DLNA mentioned on Element i website.

But if you can test this program works (free trial) it would confirm.

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
This program can play to UPnP devices but I'm not sure if Element i is a UPnP renderer? I only see DLNA mentioned on Element i website.

But if you can test this program works (free trial) it would confirm.
I do know Audirvana plus, just don't understand your questions, I believe i understand now.
Does this video can answer your question? :D

firedog

These questions are for Matrix.

I’m not asking if it currently works with HQP. I’m asking if support can be added.

Only they can answer. If it’s a Linux based streaming card inside it should be quite simple..
Nope. Won't work on all versions.

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor

Music1969

Major Contributor
C'mon. Is this how you ask somebody to do you a favour?

I think it came across the wrong way.

The “guessing“ part was referring to non-Matrix Audio people guessing about technicalities of the product.

Apologies to @MatrixAudio if it came across the wrong way. But I would greatly appreciate if you could please make contact with HQPlayer developer, just to clarify if it is feasible or not.

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
Thanks to you guys @Music1969 @firedog @Joachim Herbert for taking care of Matrix. Thanks for these advices.
We will learn more about HQ Player NAA implementation. Once the most of the big bugs are fixed, we would have enough time to work on it.
Many thanks to the audiophiles and Matrix users here!

Top Bottom