• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

OP
B

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@JohnYang1997 Since both A90 and Erish both beat the measuring capability of AP555, is there any reliable way to tell which one has better performance? Also if the noise of amp is lower than measuring capability of AP555, how can we tell it is really lower and how much is the noise?

OP
B

bigjacko

Thanks for the explanation, magnify the noise so it can be detected is understood.
HP32RMAXdashboard.jpg
50R-BAL-THD+N-Ratio-vs-Measured-Level.jpg

There is still one thing that confuse me. I am curious why those measurements did not reflect the real performance of A90. Is it the problem of measuring device or interconnection of amp or dac?

Legion1capone

Before I have the amp, people say I don't have the product to back up my claims. (Go look the Archel 2 thread.) After I got the amp, people say I am promoting the amp. Guess I can't at all share my opinions and criticism nor sharing educational information.

I'm all for sharing information, maybe start another thread and tell us all about them without talking bad or put down other products? Topping does make great products!

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
You know what I have deleted all stuff related to my amps here. If anyone is curious go to related thread (much more information is in that thread) or PM me.

OP
B

bigjacko

Before I have the amp, people say I don't have the product to back up my claims. (Go look the Archel 2 thread.) After I got the amp, people say I am promoting the amp. Guess I can't at all share my opinions and criticism nor sharing educational information.
So does that mean every time the graph got steps around the end it means the performance is better than AP555's measuring capability? The thx amps got some steps at the end too, but they do not reach 120db, is the problem from thx or AP555?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
So does that mean every time the graph got steps around the end it means the performance is better than AP555's measuring capability? The thx amps got some steps at the end too, but they do not reach 120db, is the problem from thx or AP555?
At least noise wise. Yes. The deeper the steps the better the performance from DUT.

In mathematics: APx555 has 850nV noise, if THX amp has 1.6uV it's going to be sqrt( 0.85^2 + 1.6^2) uV. Here there's some contribution from APx555 but not much. An amp that has 0.3uV will show sqrt( 0.85^2 + 0.3^2) uV which almost all contribution is from AP.

Geshelli

Audio Company
If you feel I was being too harsh or sounded dishonest, I apologize. But this is my true reaction without filter. I am truly happy about Geshelli. But as I have got the insights and experiences, this product which should make 2 year ago version me very excited. It was only explaining that. Moreover I as an individual do not represent Topping. If everything I say has to go through a filter it's an end of reason on this forum for me. I am here since late 2018. I will not change depending on who I am working with.

Geshelli

Audio Company
First let me say that Geshelli Labs is not just one person, it is two. And as the CEO of this two-person self-funded organization, I am damn proud of Geno. He has (using whatever equipment we can scape up) brought this company to the point where a representative of Topping has been triggered by a post that originated on our website. Yes, John Yang, you can call it what you want, but you have touted repeatedly that you design for Topping. You did so in this post. Your said “I’m the designer of A90 L30 A50s”, therefore, in the eyes of this manufacturer, you are representing Topping. Since Geno solely designs our products and you (solely, team up with?) design for Topping, one would think some sort of mutual respect would be in order. Sadly, we used to recommend one of your products not knowing that there was such an underlying animosity towards us.

The APX555 is a standardized calibrating testing equipment that is widely recognized across the audio industry. Anyone in any industry can manipulate or use semantics to make something look better or worse. To avoid confusion, industries developed standards and standardized equipment. The point of this forum is to have verifiable information about a product. Verified by the same machine that your company uses. We can all hem and haw about why our products are better than another, but as they say over and over on this site “the numbers don’t lie”. Fortunately, John Yang, our latest amp was developed for a very specific group of people. I doubt it will make its way over here for testing, breath easy, it’s ok.

It is really sad that a person tries to post about a new audio product that was seen elsewhere, on an audio forum that is supposed to be all about Science and the result is…well we can see how this turned out.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
First let me say that Geshelli Labs is not just one person, it is two. And as the CEO of this two-person self-funded organization, I am damn proud of Geno. He has (using whatever equipment we can scape up) brought this company to the point where a representative of Topping has been triggered by a post that originated on our website. Yes, John Yang, you can call it what you want, but you have touted repeatedly that you design for Topping. You did so in this post. Your said “I’m the designer of A90 L30 A50s”, therefore, in the eyes of this manufacturer, you are representing Topping. Since Geno solely designs our products and you (solely, team up with?) design for Topping, one would think some sort of mutual respect would be in order. Sadly, we used to recommend one of your products not knowing that there was such an underlying animosity towards us.

The APX555 is a standardized calibrating testing equipment that is widely recognized across the audio industry. Anyone in any industry can manipulate or use semantics to make something look better or worse. To avoid confusion, industries developed standards and standardized equipment. The point of this forum is to have verifiable information about a product. Verified by the same machine that your company uses. We can all hem and haw about why our products are better than another, but as they say over and over on this site “the numbers don’t lie”. Fortunately, John Yang, our latest amp was developed for a very specific group of people. I doubt it will make its way over here for testing, breath easy, it’s ok.

It is really sad that a person tries to post about a new audio product that was seen elsewhere, on an audio forum that is supposed to be all about Science and the result is…well we can see how this turned out.
I also recommended Geshelli for it's compactness and the low power supply noise only using external SMPS. Like I said I am happy about geshelli. And I apologize it's two persons than one. I too understand the original point of making this amp. Balanced only no BS amp. If I wasn't clear enough. It did just that.
Besides all of these, I have deleted related posts before your reply here. I acknowledged they would have negative effects on Geshelli.
There's no hate whatsoever towards Geshelli. Just to make it clear.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I also recommended Geshelli for it's compactness and the low power supply noise only using external SMPS. Like I said I am happy about geshelli. And I apologize it's two persons than one. I too understand the original point of making this amp. Balanced only no BS amp. If I wasn't clear enough. It did just that.
Besides all of these, I have deleted related posts before your reply here. I acknowledged they would have negative effects on Geshelli.
There's no hate whatsoever towards Geshelli. Just to make it clear.
Good man

mt196

Say what you want, but come on is it so difficult to build a case that does not look so much like a diy? I mean, I made a AMS0100-based diy speaker amp and it looks waaay more refined. Just a 30$ metal case or a non-trasparent one would have been so much better.

I get that measurements is what matters, but I also get jhonyang point, this thing is ugly as hell and it is loosing market because of that.

Make a similar measuring device with a metal case and you will make everybody happy, or just sell the board and make it a diy projects so everybody can choose it's case, it seems so easy to me...

Human Bass

Say what you want, but come on is it so difficult to build a case that does not look so much like a diy? I mean, I made a AMS0100-based diy speaker amp and it looks waaay more refined. Just a 30$ metal case or a non-trasparent one would have been so much better.

I get that measurements is what matters, but I also get jhonyang point, this thing is ugly as hell and it is loosing market because of that.

Make a similar measuring device with a metal case and you will make everybody happy, or just sell the board and make it a diy projects so everybody can choose it's case, it seems so easy to me...
Ah, those practical humble looks have become part of the charm of Geshelli imo. I think about imports and customs, simple looks usually means less taxation. As a brazilian, i love when the box/product looks like shit.

OP
B

bigjacko

I don't think the look is ugly, for me it is pretty cool. Saying it is ugly is too harsh. Maybe geshelli can get some more case option for customers to choose from so people who care about looks would buy it.

mt196

I don't think the look is ugly, for me it is pretty cool. Saying it is ugly is too harsh. Maybe geshelli can get some more case option for customers to choose from so people who care about looks would buy it.
Yeah it was harsh, what you said was what I meant. I was a bit upset because everyone went against jhonyang for saying something I feel a lot of people think about geshelli products and that should probably be taken as a constructive critique rather than an insult

Tks

Major Contributor
Got a Sabre X Pro, RME, and a 789. I don't know what the heck is going on in this thread about how this thing looks. I think it's awesome, and am really surprised Geshelli went ahead with some of the desires people in the community had (a balanced amp with 4 pin XLR out). The only 2 actual things I don't like (personal preference) one being the press-release XLR inputs in the back. I don't know what the use for those are in a home environment. As for the second thing, it could be potentially quite bad. The 4 pin on the front is quite close to the pot, thus creating a potential ergonomic issue depending on orientation. The same sort of issue schiit Magni's have had, but not quite as bad I would imagine if your amp is being interacted with, using your right hand. The Magni's I feel you need to use left handed.

But yeah, aside from that, this thing is lookin great. I imagine with a SONCOZ LA-QXD1, you have a pretty killer and compact balanced setup for what I would hope is... $400-500 after all is said and done (crosses fingers).

I also have to shout out, seeing all Neutrik connectors. Love the company, they make functional, and nice looking connectors/end plugs that have never failed me.

Just look at those measurements btw lol, where even is the distortion or noise? One spike at what? 60Hz and one at 2kHz? of what? 140dB?! That's so damn good it's actually hilarious. Someone needs to start calling AP, telling them they need a revision.

rs=w:1300,h:800

Top Bottom