• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
https://geshelli.com/erish-balanced

Don't know when the information released but it is on geshelli website now. Looks like Archel 2.5 pro with balanced output only. The measurements posted on the website seems promising. Just want to share this information so people have more choice on what they can get. If you guys have more information or any thinking about this amp please share with us.

Legion1capone

Just lucky I've been able to get to know them. Called at the right time about the archel 2.5 and Geno hinted at something being released very soon. Im so exited I can't wait!

Voo

so can this pass thru to active speakers? its gonna take alot to throw my thx789 out of loop.

OP
B

bigjacko

Just lucky I've been able to get to know them. Called at the right time about the archel 2.5 and Geno hinted at something being released very soon. Im so exited I can't wait!
So are you going to receive it tomorrow or you only get information and that's all?

OP
B

bigjacko

so can this pass thru to active speakers? its gonna take alot to throw my thx789 out of loop.
It only has 4 pin xlr headphone output, so can't be a pre amp.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very interesting looking amp. Those measurements make it look like it’ll be in the running for top spot here if Amir measures it.

Martin

Legion1capone

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200501125744133_COVER.jpg

Legion1capone

Not knowing what to expect when listening to a new product almost always hit and miss, but never with Geshelli Labs. They know how to make a great sounding product. Everything I've heard from them is top notch and always makes it insanely difficult to spend more on said "premium" products and high end gear. This Erish fully balanced headphone amplifier is excellent! As is the Archel 2 pro that I also recently purchased. As the numbers go lower and lower I notice a fairly substantial increase in dynamics. It makes everything much more alive sounding. I should note I am listening to them primarily on my Tecsun Caogen headphones, but also plan to listen with my HD6xx and ZMF classics. More to come.

poimandres

I am the designer of A90 L30 A50s and some other stuffs. A competition matching the performance is always something to feel.
Also as I have already been through a lot of design process and how products are made. I cannot get excited by this anymore. The look is just too poor. I wouldn't even make a diy project with this. The most appealing thing of this whole unit is the dark matt green color of the pcb.
Last, technical and the actual performance and functionality. 100K pot is going to give a lot of noise at positions you normally use. And balanced only design just doesn't sound like a product to me. It's one person making all the decisions and executing each one of them. I am happy about him but this at least to me is not how product works.
Different strokes for different folks. What else did my mother used to say all of the time?Something about not having something nice to say..... Regardless I digress.

I don’t think I have seen Geno or Sherri littering up any of the Topping threads. Are there no rules or etiquette here for MOT’s?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Different strokes for different folks. What else did my mother used to say all of the time?Something about not having something nice to say..... Regardless I digress.

I don’t think I have seen Geno or Sherri littering up any of the Topping threads. Are there no rules or etiquehere for MOT’s?
If you feel I was being too harsh or sounded dishonest, I apologize. But this is my true reaction without filter. I am truly happy about Geshelli. But as I have got the insights and experiences, this product which should make 2 year ago version me very excited. It was only explaining that. Moreover I as an individual do not represent Topping. If everything I say has to go through a filter it's an end of reason on this forum for me. I am here since late 2018. I will not change depending on who I am working with.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am the designer of A90 L30 A50s and some other stuffs. A competition matching the performance is always something to feel.
Also as I have already been through a lot of design process and how products are made. I cannot get excited by this anymore. The look is just too poor. I wouldn't even make a diy project with this. The most appealing thing of this whole unit is the dark matt green color of the pcb.
Last, technical and the actual performance and functionality. 100K pot is going to give a lot of noise at positions you normally use. And balanced only design just doesn't sound like a product to me. It's one person making all the decisions and executing each one of them. I am happy about him but this at least to me is not how product works.
Fair enough, you're more than qualified to raise the technical concerns and the design is divisive, I'll give you that. I do wish they had made an Archel 3 combining xlr and rca in and xlr /single ended out but I'm sure there were reasons not to.

Im just glad to be able to have a choice of affordable SoA products from all you guys.

Hemi-Demon

Pretty harsh. Geshelli has matched engineering output to the A90 for what I "assume" will be under $200. That is simply amazing for the consumer. As far as the cosmetics this is ASR, who cares? Some want the additional power, outputs and build quality of your design, but to not at least give some props to their tech section, comes across as "hate".

Now if you can somehow quantify the actual sound difference, to justify the difference between your more expensive design and this Geshelli amp, I would love to hear that detail.

Competition is good for everyone, imo. I do agree they should change the volume pot;)

Altiplano

"I should be excited about this." Is already clear enough for the stuff that's great. It's great.

BTW there are some more stuff in the detail. Read this part for information only, not opinions. A90 is certainly having more power as well as all the inputs outputs plus protection circuit and internal power supply. Performance wise Noise performance is still not matched. The noise is as low as 0.27uV. You will need 3 pieces of opa1656 to essentially match the noise performance (still not exactly yet). The distortion with low impedance load is also not favouring geshelli. And performance doesn't really change with high gain settings which is often not the case with other devices I have seen.
For similar price bracket, there are l30 a50s also matching the performance with similarly small foot print. A50s also has true balanced output.

Speaking of which.... When are I30 and A50s coming?

Top Bottom