• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Matrix Audio Element P All-in-One AMP

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
After measuring Matrix Element-I, I was impressed with the completeness of the Matrix Audio products.

After communicating with the manufacturers, I applied for the most "magic" product in their current product list: Element-P for measurement.

Just like Element-I, this is a super versatile device. In the Element series, Matrix Audio seems to be obsessed with creating various "integrated solutions". And in my opinion Element P is the most radical of them. It integrates a full set of digital streaming, digital audio playback, DAC, Preamp and PowerAmp!

Wow! To a certain extent, this is a good idea to simplify high-quality audio playback (with passive speakers) in the living room.
The entire system has fewer cables than any other solution (even if you use active speakers, you still have to power them)

Okay, look at things first.
Photo.jpg

Rear.jpg

Alright, everything is fine! The surface treatment feels great to the touch, and the entire construction is basically full of high-quality feel. The button feels great, and the only thing I can complain about is the low damping of the knob.

True, this is an expensive $ 2,500 unit (not cheap from my point of view), but the build quality is worth the price.

The remote control is made of aluminum alloy CNC and has the same satisfactory manufacturing process. but! The remote control button feels bad! I scored 90 points on the craftsmanship of the remote control but the buttons only gave a maximum of 60 points. The feedback is not clear, and it feels too soft to press it.

Stop talking nonsense, the measurement has begun:
Dashboard.jpg

OutTHD+N.jpg

THD+N-Ratio-vs-Measured-Level.jpg

SMPTE-Ratio-vs-Measured-Level.jpg
Multitone(1W).jpg
Multitone(10W).jpg
Multitone(100W).jpg

All in all, this device achieves the performance claimed by the manufacturer (THD + N: <0.008%@1W 8Ω, 1k).

MPA1

Thank you for these measurements, as a Matrix XSP MQA owner I'm always interested in their measurements. Very nice product again!!

The remote control is made of aluminum alloy CNC and has the same satisfactory manufacturing process. but! The remote control button feels bad! I scored 90 points on the craftsmanship of the remote control but the buttons only gave a maximum of 60 points. The feedback is not clear, and it feels too soft to press it.

Yes thank you for bringing this up, remote control looks nice and all but the buttons are horrible. they keep hanging/sticking behind the alu faceplate.

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
After measuring Matrix Element-I, I was impressed with the completeness of the Matrix Audio products.

After communicating with the manufacturers, I applied for the most "magic" product in their current product list: Element-P for measurement.

Just like Element-I, this is a super versatile device. In the Element series, Matrix Audio seems to be obsessed with creating various "integrated solutions". And in my opinion Element P is the most radical of them. It integrates a full set of digital streaming, digital audio playback, DAC, Preamp and PowerAmp!

Wow! To a certain extent, this is a good idea to simplify high-quality audio playback (with passive speakers) in the living room.
The entire system has fewer cables than any other solution (even if you use active speakers, you still have to power them)

Okay, look at things first.
View attachment 45496
View attachment 45497

Alright, everything is fine! The surface treatment feels great to the touch, and the entire construction is basically full of high-quality feel. The button feels great, and the only thing I can complain about is the low damping of the knob.

True, this is an expensive $ 2,500 unit (not cheap from my point of view), but the build quality is worth the price.

Stop talking nonsense, the measurement has begun:
View attachment 45507
View attachment 45508
View attachment 45509
View attachment 45510View attachment 45511View attachment 45512View attachment 45513

All in all, this device achieves the performance claimed by the manufacturer (THD + N: <0.008%@1W 8Ω, 1k).
Could you comment on the performance of the amplifier? thanks

jae

Major Contributor
A bit unrelated but I wonder if it is/could be possible to play music from external USB disc drives with some kind of software update. That would be a great feature for all the matrix products if that could be implemented.

Dvass13

A bit unrelated but I wonder if it is/could be possible to play music from external USB disc drives with some kind of software update. That would be a great feature for all the matrix products if that could be implemented.

This is already possible through the USB host connection on the back of the unit. You just have to connect your drive, download the app to access the library, and start playing music.

jae

Major Contributor
This is already possible through the USB host connection on the back of the unit. You just have to connect your drive, download the app to access the library, and start playing music.

Are you positive? If it wasn't clear I was referring to external optical disC (CD) drives to play retail/redbook CDs (not cds used as data storage for music files) rather than a mass storage hard disK drive. I imagine a modern CD/DVD/Bluray drives use a different driver than a typical mass storage device driver for this purpose?

Dvass13

Are you positive? If it wasn't clear I was referring to external optical disC (CD) drives to play retail/redbook CDs (not cds used as data storage for music files) rather than a mass storage hard disK drive. I imagine a modern CD/DVD/Bluray drives use a different driver than a typical mass storage device driver for this purpose?

Ah, I understood that as external USB hard disc drives. As for optical drives, I just tried plugging in my external disc drive with a redbook CD into the back of my Element X and didn't see anything pop up in the remote app. I have connected my external hard drive in a similar manner and the files were read by the Element X, so it looks like optical discs are a no-go for now.

Pjetrof

Is someone using this device. Ifso can you give a little review?

polmuaddib

Forum Donor
According to measurements, nothing special. 85 SINAD for the worse channel. I suppose that power amp is the weakest link in this device, since this is DAC + pre + power amp result... or i still haven't learnt to read measurements properly...
if it is so, then it is expensive for the performance. And you can only use it as a whole. No analog input, no pre out....

Top Bottom