• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best DAC/AMP under $50 - for Gaming in Windows 10 with AKG N60NC ?

KisSme

Hi there !

I'm very happy to discover this website !

I'm looking for a DAC/AMP for my AKG N60NC that I use in FPS games on windows 10.

Actually I have a sound blaster play! 3 ($20) and I already read a lot of reviews about some DAC, for exemple the iBasso DC02, Meizu, Sonata or the latest ISN Audio for exemple.

If I change this sound blaster play! 3 to a better one, which one is better ?
I really need your advice or recommendation.
Could you please help me to choice and tell me which one is the best buy (under $50) for my use ?

After a lot of search in this forum and google I found the following DAC interesting :
Hidizs S3 with DAC CS42L42 - $37€ : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07WN6W5XX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2CVHYRTWLQO9T&psc=1
Meizu Hifi DAC Pro - with CS43131 - 44€ : https://www.giztop.com/official-meizu-hifi-dac-pro-headphone-amplifier.html/
Sound Blaster G3 DAC ? - 47€ : https://fr.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-g3
Fosi Audio with DAC ALC4045 - 20€ : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B086GRLH49/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A27MPXN0R8YFPE&psc=1

Which one could you recommend me please ?

Or do I have to stay with this sound blaster play! 3 ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
OP
K

KisSme

Meizu Hifi DAC Pro for sure, it is the best low power DAC at 50mW power range I think.
Thanks a lot for your advice !
And when you consider the price, do you think this last one stay better than the others, especially than the sound blaster products ?

Veri

Master Contributor
Thanks a lot for your advice !
And when you consider the price, do you think this last one stay better than the others, especially than the sound blaster products ?
something like sound blaster g6 uses same kind of DAC chip, but is more expensive (also has a mic input, spatialisation processing...)

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
TempoTec Sonata HD Pro for 45$ is better choice & more durable than Meizu.
@Veri DAC on a G6 is CS43131. It's probably the best choice for gaming but it's 150$.

OP
K

KisSme

TempoTec Sonata HD Pro for 45$ is better choice & more durable than Meizu.
@Veri DAC on a G6 is CS43131. It's probably the best choice for gaming but it's 150$.
Thanks a lot for your advice.
However, I didnt find a review here. For exemple, I really apreciated amirm professionnal reviews.
The other review I found are not at the level of quality of the latter.

Could you tell me where can I find it at this mad price, please ? :)

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Thanks a lot for your advice.
However, I didnt find a review here. For exemple, I really apreciated amirm professionnal reviews.
The other review I found are not at the level of quality of the latter.

Could you tell me where can I find it at this mad price, please ? :)
Try searching it as Hidizs S8.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Based around Sabre ES9018K2M D/A converter and SA9023A USB receiver, so basically a clone of SMSL iDea..
decent, but not as good as CS43131-based ones above. Meizu non-pro is ~$25.
It really depends how good implementation is (rejection rate, EMI isolation, power supply). I ended up with buying ES9018 + SABRE9601K one with separated power input & battery and luckily it whosent that small and whose easy to disassemble. After putting graphite shielding layer now it's on level of polite desktop grade one's. CS43131 is a bit better IC on it's own. So far TempoTec did best job regarding design.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
why Meizu HiFi DAC is worse, especially Pro one with opamp buffer? I'm sure Meizu HiFiDAC Pro is better, and cheaper the same time.
People are frequently reporting including around hire how there are EMI problems related to it. TempoTec simply did that part better and no it's not soly related to SA usb interface. PCB design helps, shielding helps even more.

OP
K

KisSme

My bad... This Tempotec sonata HD Pro does not support mic input ? Seriously ?
I need mic input :(

So, maybe do I have to order the Tempotec Sonata HD version or the Meizu Audio Hifi Pro ?
I'm going to lost my minde, it's crazy.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
I'm going to lost my minde, it's crazy.
Most audio devices don't have a mic input, it's not like these things are made with gaming in mind the first place. Just audio.
Just get Sound Blaster G6, Schiit Fulla or Schiit Hel if you want mic input as well. But can't you just use motherboard mic input ...?

OP
K

KisSme

Most audio devices don't have a mic input, it's not like these things are made with gaming in mind the first place. Just audio.
Just get Sound Blaster G6, Schiit Fulla or Schiit Hel if you want mic input as well. But can't you just use motherboard mic input ...?
I have a high end motherboard and it's not compatible with headset which includes a mic.
I have an USB input in my keyboard, and in place of to order an audio splitter cable I prefer to go to an external small audio card or a DAC/amp.
Am I on the wrong way ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom