• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JDS Element 2 vs Topping E30 + JDS EL AMP 2

tb753917

The two options are basically the same price.

I am pretty sure I want a JDS Amp because they offer output switch so I don’t need to plug/unplug my head phone all the time. They measure very well according to ASR. Finally, the design and knob are really appealing.

On the other hand, I have difficulty deciding on the DAC. The DAC in Element 2 does not measure as good as Topping E30. However, I have heard some people have issues with E30, such as pop sound, which is really annoying.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As the owner of an Element, I can say I’ve never had a problem with it, their support is fantastic and the free customization is very cool.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I say wait for L30. On the pop sound. You will not hear any pop sound when paired with headphones. Element also uses AKM based dac chip which also gives pop sound when switching sampling rate. It's unavoidable when direct driving power amp except for ess based dac that handles sampling rate differently via ASRC.

Top Bottom