• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL Sánscrito 10th MKII AK4493 or TOPPING E30 DAC Hi-Res AK4493?

DUKE-DUKE

What dac do you recommend S.M.S.L Sanskrit 10th MKII AK4493 or TOPPING E30 DAC Hi-Res AK4493? Thank you.

Tks

Major Contributor
Depends on what your goal is. If you want a DAC in the color blue. Well you only have one choice.

They're both pretty good, you're not making a bad choice with either.

OP
DUKE-DUKE

DUKE-DUKE

Depends on what your goal is. If you want a DAC in the color blue. Well you only have one choice.

My goal is to buy the one that offers me the best sound quality of these two models. Color doesn't matter to me.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I would go with Topping because I've had good luck with their products and sent back an SMSL M2. Sound wise it is unlikely you can tell the difference.

Tks

Major Contributor
My goal is to buy the one that offers me the best sound quality of these two models. Color doesn't matter to me.

Yeah as @Ron Texas said, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between each, but I think technically, the E30 is a bit better in terms of just sound. Though personally, I would get the SMSL out of novelty, just out of interest I'd like to try it, I like how you can orient it on it's side, or normally.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Yeah as @Ron Texas said, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between each, but I think technically, the E30 is a bit better in terms of just sound. Though personally, I would get the SMSL out of novelty, just out of interest I'd like to try it, I like how you can orient it on it's side, or normally.

Blue, Mulholland Drive... Open the box and wake up.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company

Both come with color blue if I'm not mistaken?

DarrylG

Addicted to Fun and Learning
...or the AK4493 Liquid Spark DAC if it ever comes out.

OP
DUKE-DUKE

DUKE-DUKE

Sí, como dijo @Ron Texas, dudo que puedas notar la diferencia entre cada uno, pero creo que técnicamente, el E30 es un poco mejor en términos de sonido. Aunque personalmente, obtendría el SMSL por novedad, solo por interés me gustaría probarlo, me gusta cómo puedes orientarlo en su lado, o normalmente.
Mi respuesta es un poco tardía, lo siento por eso.

A los pocos días de hacerles mi pregunta empecé a notar que algunos usuarios de topping habían reportado problemas en varios dispositivos, en vista de lo cual detuve la decisión de compra y me decidí por el S.M.S.L Sanskrit 10th MKII AK4493 en azul, ya que en ese momento aún no estaba disponible en negro.

Han pasado dos años desde entonces... La familia creció y ahora hay 3 S.M.S.L Sanskrit 10º th MKII AK4493 en casa, dos en azul y uno en negro con un rendimiento perfecto.

Perdón por el descuido de responder tan tarde.

Muchas gracias y saludos.

Top Bottom