• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So, I am not sure where this belongs, but this looks like it might be a fun component to put to the test

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Just saw this posted at the Polk Audio forums and the ubiquity nay all-in-one-ness of it caught my eye. That plus it being relatively cheap :)

1585345535339.png

https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-wireless-soundbase?trk_msg=LH7CE2R58CO4DBTNAL5RTDBUEK&trk_contact=QA386H28DRILMA49LFIF40RH8K&trk_sid=79FCK9GSTETFJDHP0N3GN3LDUG&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Prime+Wireless+SoundBase+Image&utm_campaign=SVS:+Should+My+Speakers+Be+Set+to+Large+or+Small?+And+$100+Off+PB-2000+Subwoofer

Versatile audio component converts any speakers into a high-fidelity smart wireless streaming zone. Renders convincing soundstage and stunning dynamics with pinpoint accurate frequency response, while bringing high-resolution wireless audio streaming, advanced connectivity and smart control to conventional speakers. Features effortless power from 300-watt amplifier (150 watts x 2), WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, control from your mobile device and versatile component connections.

Prime Wireless SoundBase also features a line level output that converts any two-channel system or AV receiver into a smart wireless entertainment hub fit for the most discerning audiophiles. Create a separate stereo zone or transform home theater systems by adding advanced connectivity, control, and wireless access to all your streaming content, all with amazing, reference quality sound.

It slices! It dices! It chops! It grinds!
Using technology licensed from either Ronco or the Bass-O-Matic, I reckon?

In seriousness, It looks to me like something that would be interesting and fun to put through its paces(?).

Thoughts?

PS I don't know how long it's been around -- so my apologies if it's already been tested here! :rolleyes:[/quote]

SunnyRehde

Forum Donor
90dB SNR with no THD specs, ~80W into 8ohm, and no AirPlay; and I wish the banana plugs looked nicer.

I’d much rather get a Denon X3500H (to be fair, it was ~$1000 originally).
Isn‘t the Denon a totally different animal (7-channel-AV-amp)?

sgent

Isn‘t the Denon a totally different animal (7-channel-AV-amp)?

Yep. I don't understand why people compare a small form factor amp to a full size AVR or AMP. I can't fit the Denon on my desk or bookshelf, but i could this.

The real competitors to this I can think of is the Yamaha WXA-50, the Maratz and Denon PMA, etc. All of them are missing useful features (such as room correction), Airplay 2, etc.

Reactions: wje
Top Bottom