• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Great Album Covers

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
MI0003237431.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
6NtwXhD.jpg

TBone

Major Contributor
original "shocking" version ... (Black Crowes 1994 amorica)
blackcrowes-amorica-orig.jpg

later sanitized ...
blackcrowes-amorica.jpg

TBone

Major Contributor
↑ Good one Tim...most important music ♫ album ever on this planet. ...Methinks...in my own real life experience anyway (1966).

please elaborate, always interests me, other 'philes exposure to particular music which may have positively influenced 'em ...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
↑ Good one Tim...most important music ♫ album ever on this planet. ...Methinks...in my own real life experience anyway (1966).
Not for me, When the brit invastion pushed the Phil Spector sound and do-wap off rock radio I went looking for something else, when I found Motown and R&B. Didn't return till the very early 70s. Only own one fab four album and never play it either.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
↑ Good one Tim...most important music ♫ album ever on this planet. ...Methinks...in my own real life experience anyway (1966). ... The Beatles - Revolver
please elaborate, always interests me, other 'philes exposure to particular music which may have positively influenced 'em...
Not for me, When the brit invastion pushed the Phil Spector sound and do-wap off rock radio I went looking for something else, when I found Motown and R&B. Didn't return till the very early 70s. Only own one fab four album and never play it either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver_(Beatles_album)
http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=28

* The first ever 8-track tape I've ever purchased was that one. In that period of my life I was @ the apotheosis of my music transformation, the solid beginning/foundation of my music evolution. It's all circumstantial with my own stance in that time; very real, very revolving.

Revolver, for me, was the door to the world. Everything followed it...Classical music, The Rolling Stones, Jesus Christ Superstar, Pink Floyd, ...all that jazz.
It's my personal absolution, like Tommy from The Who, which also followed in 1969.

All started with Revolver; Cat Stevens, Woodstock, Bach, Beethoven, Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Chopin, Yellow Submarine and Muddy Waters.

Question:
Which music album is the most marking album ever in your own personal life?
... The ultimate apotheosis of the beginning in your music evolution...the number one of all time...your own time.

→ Me I just mentioned mine from a very brief glimpse, but with time you'll all see its great influence on my life...
And, it happened to be a great album cover too.

♦ Bonus link (take what you want from it): http://www.listchallenges.com/rolling-stones-top-100-albums

Last edited:

TBone

Major Contributor

I'm actually a bit embarrassed to say this, considering I'm so into classic R&R, I have few Beatles, some LPs and no digital. I liked much of their music, esp. early Beatles, but long rambling songs like Hey Jude and Let it Be pushed me away for good, played again & again on the radio ... it was like listening to Stairway to Heaven all over again, albeit, before Stairway to Heaven. Never a big fan of Lennon's solo work either, even though I tried to imagine. That said, we are talking about the Beatles here, so please ignore my sacrilegious tendencies ...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
The power of music is the power it creates inside our own emotional chords of the soul's deepest crevasses.
If one aspect of our passionate hobby cannot be argued with but understood and respected and either accepted or rejected this is it.
It's not about us, it's about our perception and connection with the artists and their music/voices.

TBone

Major Contributor
banned version ... (Beatles Yesterday And Today)
beatles-yesterday-orig.jpg

sanitized ...
beatles-yesterday.jpg

Top Bottom