• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Curious to what degree people use ASR reviews and feedback from the ASR community before buying gear.

For me personally I picked up a JDS Atom, a Topping D30 and a MOTU audio interface based on reviews. The newly reviewed Revel speakers look tempting as well, of course I have no need for them whatsoever.

GeorgeWalk

JDS Atom, Topping D50s, Topping D90, Topping NX4 DSD, Sennheiser HD660s, Pinacle P1 IEMs, Allo DigiOne, Allo Boss DAC

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
In order, I've purchased JDS Labs Atom, RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE and AKG K371 based on advice given here.

I've fundamentally changed how I approach buying decisions. I won't buy any gear that doesn't include comprehensive measurements.

Fluffy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I bought most of my things before discovering this place. I think I did confirm that the schiit modi 3 was a good buy by looking at measurements here, but ASR wasn't the main reason for buying it.

My Arcam rHead was actually following the advice of Tyll from innerfidelity. Later on I checked its measurements here and it is a pretty capable device, so there is no reason to change it. I do wish it would have gotten the full measurement treatment for headphone amps to see stuff like FR and IMD, but I think it was measured before all of these things became standard in the reviews.

Schackmannen

Forum Donor
Almost everything I've bought is because of the tests here; Topping D50, Massdrop THX 789, RME ADI-2 DAC and Topping DX3 Pro LDAC, although Amir hasn't tested the LDAC version.

A800

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Behringer U-Phoria (not recommended).
Speaka/XtremPro X1 DAC (recommended).
At the end everything turned out good :)

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
JDS Atom
Khadas Tone Board
JBL LSR 308
JBL LSR 305

Going forward if it isn't measured here, unlikely I will buy... Two exceptions though
Geddes and Linkwitz speakers ... I may get one of these sight unseen, untested here, Currently thinking about the LX Mini +

Kouioui

Forum Donor
FiiO K5 Pro & Meizu HiFi Pro so far. I'm waiting on the JBL 705P review hoping the B-stock sale is still available if they prove to be a worthy upgrade to my 305s.

Last edited:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR is directly responsible for my buying Topping D50 and DX7 Pro DACs, and replacing snake oil power cables with Tripp Lite power cords. ASR is indirectly responsible for my buying Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro headphones and a Project Polaris headphone amp. I bought a UMIK-1 microphone a couple of years ago but reading ASR had me dig it out and measure my stereo. Now I'm working on doing something about a huge suck-out I have between 65 and 400 Hz. I've been happy with my journey so far...

Martin

doodlebro

Forum Donor
Emotiva XPS-1
Topping MX3
NAD T758 V3

I will eventually purchase a JDS Labs Atom and a Benchmark AHB2 unless something better comes around.

Last edited:

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Purchased due to ASR measurements:
JDS Labs Atom
Topping D50S
Meizu HiFi Pro USB-C dongle

And even though you didn't ask for it, ASR is responsible for me selling my Audio-GD NFB-11. And once my Parasound Zamp gets back from Amir, I'll put it on Ebay.

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
LG V20 Quad DAC 'DAP' (result of LG G7 and thread)
D10
RX-596
Liquid Spark
Apple Dongle
Speaka (a big mistake)
NX3s

Top Bottom