• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D50s connections

EPIC

Hello All!! im new, english is not very good, but i try:)

A few days ago i got my d50s, and im happy with the ( thanks for review amirm) but i have a some question about connection.

First question: i try using my smartphone (mi9) with OTG cable connected to usb DAC, spotify/youtube playing-its ok, but trying to play some music from smartphone with music player mp3 or smth like that, no luck, no sound, trying differents players, like foobar, but no luck, its normal?

Second: I want a recommendation, how best to use spotify/tidal with this DAC for best sound quality, i like BT connection, so i cant use it, but i think USB connection is better, true? so one way i can use tablet+otg usb? and another way, i think about media streamer like ROKU/MI box S, to control application on TV, but then i must use TV optical cable to dac, witch way is more professional and more accurate to drive the speakers:) thanks all.

im using onkyo AMP 9010, d50s, smartTV, ELAC Debut 52 speakers.

Last edited:

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
USB or optical for best connection. Take your pick.

Not sure what you mean with your first question.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
Hello All!! im new, english is not very good, but i try:)

A few days ago i got my d50s, and im happy with the ( thanks for review amirm) but i have a some question about connection.

First question: i try using my smartphone (mi9) with OTG cable connected to usb DAC, spotify/youtube playing-its ok, but trying to play some music from smartphone with music player mp3 or smth like that, no luck, no sound, trying differents players, like foobar, but no luck, its normal?

Second: I want a recommendation, how best to use spotify/tidal with this DAC for best sound quality, i like BT connection, so i cant use it, but i think USB connection is better, true? so one way i can use tablet+otg usb? and another way, i think about media streamer like ROKU/MI box S, to control application on TV, but then i must use TV optical cable to dac, witch way is more professional and more accurate to drive the speakers:) thanks all.

im using onkyo AMP 9010, d50s, smartTV, ELAC Debut 52 speakers.
Try using hiby player.Make sure the cable is true OTG first.Enable usb audio routing on the phone if it is disabled.

Top Bottom