• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Interactive Review Tables (Defunct)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Electronics & speakers reviews are now up in the main forum page: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php

Anyone else has the same reaction as me?
excited.gif

Seriously...Amazing job @pozz
Both tables are a game-changer for ASR!
Bravo!

lxlx

Forum Donor
Yep, really awesome!

I'm browsing mobile here, and suggest to have sorting order either hardware-type or brand-name as default. Date really does not help. I'm lost, but still love it :D

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ve defaulted to recording the just the original MRSP in USD and converting from the original currency when necessary. I have ignored inflation, discounts, timing and market availability. There’s a good reason to do so: it’s incredibly hard to keep up with current prices. Not to mention that the true cost of any piece of gear involves shipping, taxes and sundry difficult-to-account-for minima.
This sounds a sensible compromise.

In general I'm against to much effort being put into price or value unless it can be made accurate for all users, which would require asking the user what country they are in, and having the data to match, which would be a huge amount of work, and impossible for products that are out of production.

m8o

Forum Donor
Fantastic efforts and results.

One things I looked for as column data that would make it a "BAM ... there it is! Everything I need" is not included that would be invaluable to me. I'll throw out a request for it :

- SINAD

Then in addition, I would like to be able to chose the sort order by one or more column.

Again tho. Fantastic!

Edit: the above is edited. I originally requested review date too. But just realized only now ... it is there, and sortable! Did I miss it before or did you just add it? Very big lol!

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Another vote for a universal search-bar.

It would be helpful to find items that are in the mouse-over tool-tip.
Example: You could search for "coaxial".
There's no way currently to find it, even when using the drop-down for Amplification tab.

1581458057477.png

All red boxes are showing items not visible in the main table, but only in tool-tip.

With this strategy, you could add more fields to mouse-over tool-tip and just use the universal search-bar to find them all.

I found a video on youtube that might be able to help:

Attachments

• 1581458040604.png
    1581458040604.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 87

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Also, mobile can be weird...maybe add a disclaimer to indicate that Desktop/Laptop experience will be better.

Or even a disclaimer that pop-ups must be enabled to use this Table.

Example:
On Ios, using Chrome, when i click on a link to take me to the specific page, i'll see the message:
1581458512738.png
Which works as expected, even if my Chrome's setting is to "Block Pop-ups".
Once I hit "Always Show", all future links will open with no problems.

On iOS Safari:
When the setting is set to "Block Pop-ups", nothing will happen when I click on any review. And the user doesn't see any notification that something is wrong. Obviously, Apple designed it like that, but at least the user won't know that the link didn't open.

Attachments

• 1581458491120.png
    1581458491120.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

noel_fs

its a pain to search something now, it was as easy as ctrl+f before

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Consider including "Full Update" (with the other defauls) in the Speaker Table.
1581634361533.png
It would include the 2 posts that I was missing when I first looked at the current table.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Consider including "Full Update" (with the other defauls) in the Speaker Table.
It would include the 2 posts that I was missing when I first looked at the current table.
Amir asked me to set up the default that way. It makes sense for the aesthetics too, because

1581637739335.png

looks better than

1581637706281.png

when you're looking at the table initially.

Koeitje

Major Contributor

miero

@pozz can you include also "Full Update" in the default view? This would add remeasurements of Kali (which miss score & recomendation in the first review) & Neumann.

m8o

Forum Donor
Wondering if the Sort icon on the Review Date column will return? It's the best way to know what's new.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
1581967899039.png

You don't see it? What kind of device are you using to view the table?

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@pozz can you include also "Full Update" in the default view? This would add remeasurements of Kali (which miss score & recomendation in the first review) & Neumann.
I've changed the way I've recorded the preference scores to keep it as is.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Interesting. It's a Samsung Note 8 running Chrome. Both with and without Desktop mode rendering.
The buttons on the columns currently aren't supported on mobile. Strange that they don't seem to work even in desktop mode though.

I can however make a custom "Sort By" dropdown. Give me a day or two to get that running. I'll have to figure out where I can situate that graphically.

m8o

Forum Donor
The buttons on the columns currently aren't supported on mobile. Strange that they don't seem to work even in desktop mode though.

I can however make a custom "Sort By" dropdown. Give me a day or two to get that running. I'll have to figure out where I can situate that graphically.
Odd. I did see them last week in mobile mode.

Wanted to mention too, when I go into desktop mode (either your icon in the lower right or browser options) it locks up the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom